Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 10:54
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%
Wink How to make it on vacation

Hi friends!

As you can see from my avatar I've just returned from a trip to Scotland, the longest 'away from home' since I've started Atkins (over five months ago).
I have some tips for you, feel free to comment and add your own!

1. focus on maintaining your current weight, if you'll lose it's a bonus

2. take LC foods with you while flying/driving/etc. I took some cheese, nuts and sausage with me on the flight. It's always better than panicking and trying to find legal foods at the airport. Airline food sucks, we all know that....

3. While going out, remember - you are the boss because...you pay for this. Ask for extra veggies insted of pasta or rice, ask if foods are breaded, if there's sugar in them etc. From my experience - nobody will ask any questions, allergies are common and nobody wants any trouble at their restaurant....

4. Avoid your 'craving triggers'. Don't even look at the foods you would love to eat pre Atkins...

5. Go for 'real' foods - meat, fish, veggies. Ask for extra butter to put on them. Cravings usually hit because you are hungry.

6. Drink your water! No excuse for this one, sorry.....walk around with the water bottle like any other movie star....

Have a great vacation/summer everyone!

Alina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 11:36

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Very well put!!! When I went to Florida while on Atkins last year, I found it so easy to follow. Whenever I got the "urge to spurge" I thought about how awful I would feel if I did and I managed to avoid it all. Water was my best friend and when I jumped on the scale when we got home I lost 2lb!!!! I was so happy. The next time we go away which will be in November I will remember how GREAT it felt to come home and weigh myself and see the results, even if I hadn't lost I would have still felt GREAT and proud of myself
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 17:32
<---The Crazy One!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

I"m going to Nicaragua in a couple of weeks, and i'm worried about what kinds of things i can eat there. My dad said that they have a seafood soup there..but its cream based..... maybe I should pack some cheese in my suitcase or something.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 17:47

Plan: lap band...low carb
Stats: 225/181/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default I gained

I gained 5 pounds on vacation to my mom's house.. Peaches, tomatoes, corn, out of the garden...Cobblers, homemade rolls...etc....I caved in...but right now, I'm right back on induction....I will get to goal...Just remember if you're not perfect don't belittle yourself...no one is perfect...just enjoy your vacation and make as many wise decisions as you can...Trisha