Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 15:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/--/127.8
BF:
Progress:
Default when i reach the weight I want...

can i eat everything(of course counting carbs) or no???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 17:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

You can increase your carbs - that would be carbs along the vegetable or low-carb treat lines - so you are maintaining which is neither losing or gaining weight. But, you can never go back to eating the way you did before low-carb (sugar, bread, pasta etc. on daily basis) and by that point, you probably won't want to.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-01, 15:29
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Never never??

But only the meals from not allowed list? I don't think that one party could damage everything if i would count carbs the next day.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-01, 20:59
Registered Member

Stats: 250/205/135
BF:
Progress:

Jessy, take it from someone who is on this woe for the second time. Do not go back to eating the way you were. Before you know it you will be back where you started and have a heck of a time. If you go back to sugar, pasta, etc.. you probably will not feel very good either. Just my experience for all its worth.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-01, 21:20

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jessy, you *can* do anything you want, in the sense that you, and only you, are in charge of what you put into your mouth. No one here, or anywhere else, can stop you! We won't even send the Atkins Police after you!

But the point is, the way you were eating before got you fat. If you go back to the way you were eating before, you'll get fat again. The same actions will bear the same results. Logical, right?

So if you want to eat a lot of carbs in the future, you have to weigh the benefits and risks. If you can have that slice of cake on a special occasion and then go back to strict low-carb, you might choose to do so once in a while. Most of us can't - we find that one cheat leads to another, and before we know it, we've regained the weight we struggled so hard to lose. Why risk it? But it's up to you!

Rachel
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-01, 21:25

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Funny this being brought up. I had thoughts tonight, thinking how wonderful this woe is. I also thought how there is no way will I allow myself to get out of shape again. Now that I have this woe figured out, why would I want to blow it? I will add carbs in as time goes on, but not go over board, sure hope you folks will help me when the time comes. Why would I want to blow all this and feel lousy again?

With the other ways I chose to lose weight never worked, due to being always hungry and thinking of ways to cheat. With Atkins (the plan I chose) I'm never hungry, I feel fanastic, no more heavy feeling...no more tiredness....Naw, I won't go back to the way I ate before, I'm going to read up on the maintaining and look to you folks for the support to keep me feeling great, looking great and being healthy
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-01, 00:45

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Wink Thanks Jesse

Thanks very much Jesse. Your title sent me off on a beautiful day-dream.

When I reach 57 kg I will have achieved my goal. What a wonderful day that will be. A day of celebration and joy that proves I CAN do what I set my mind to. How absolutely empowering.

I might set myself a new goal - in fact there would not be a "might" about it. I would set myself a new goal - something I can't even contemplate at the moment.

I might attract the most wonderful mate with my new fit, slim, healthy body and ........

I think I'll carry on dreaming in private ..... but before I go .....

I think I will definitely stick to low-carb 'cos I think that is the way to make this dream a reality.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-01, 01:49
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Jessy,

It's up to you to make the decision on how you want to live your life. You can either take on changing the way you eat as a life change or just another "diet".

Either take it seriously and do some REAL research on your own with the book recommendations, advice and links you've been given or don't bother.

If you decide to take it seriously, anyone here would be more than happy to give you support, advice and guidance.

Karen
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-01, 16:26
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Thanx!

Yep, I'm taking this seriously. I wanna do that but it's very very hard...Well, I hope everything is gonna be ok!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-01, 18:59

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hey girl,

What's so hard about giving up rice, bread, potatoes, high carb veggies, cereal, pasta and counting your carbs until you reach your goal? Its really not that hard at all. All kinds of recipes in our recipe section to help you out. If you don't want to bother with them, just keep it simple...meat and salads etc.

You can do it
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-01, 13:29

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up It's easier than you think ! Really it is.

Hi Jesse

The first week or two might seem hard 'cos you are strugging with your addictions, be they carb, caffiene etc.

After that you start to feel sooooooo much better, happier, more energy - you come alive. Suddenly I felt things I had become numb to over years of carb-stuffing. It is a wonderful feeling. I felt as if life was just beginning for me.

I was surprised how quickly I turned things around. I've gone back to my old ways for a meal or two but soon want to go back to feeling "GOOD" and ALIVE and WELL again.

Give it two weeks. Get past the Induction.

You can do it. It is easier than you think. Really Really Really it is.

Take care.