Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 18:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default In need of a Buddy who has 100+.....

okay now I have been heavy off and on and off and on most of my life (except for maybe a year, and I was still in a size 20 but I was happy with myself) and I do not have any children so I can not blame having a child for the size that I have become.

I just really need a person to help me with this Atkins/ Low carb Life change. I am not married, nor do i have a husband, I just need someone have I can occasionally give advise to or an encouraging word (or two) and vice versa.

Someone who is a new member or older memeber ( who knows there way around this forum ) I just want to have someone I has as much to lose as myself because I will be here for a LONG WHILE

And those who have lost 75+ pds. Please let this Morbidly Obese woman have some advice
thanks for visiting!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 19:12

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

There is a whole section for the "Triple Digits Club" that is for people that need to lose 100+ lbs. I've read a few stories and advice over there and it is EXTREAMLY helpful and inspirational. I encourage you to check it out.

~Angi~
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 20:12
Registered Member

Stats: 350/331/200 Female 68 Inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Buddy

Hi Chantel!

That is my sister's name.

I am a relatively new member and would love to have a low carb buddy! You and I are at about the same weight and have the same goal weight! I too, have been heavy most of my life.

These forums have a wealth of information and everyone is very supportive. I spend a lot of time just cruising through past messages to learn more.

Michelle
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 04:20

BF:
Post Great

I would love to have you as my buddy I have not read your journal nor your profile but I will put you on my buddy list and we can send one another messages or what ever. I came on here this morning to just check my messages but now i have to get ready for work. I will be one here later today!!!!!

OH!!!!!!!!! I know your sister must be a great person she has such a wonderful Name
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 18:26
Registered Member

Stats: 350/331/200 Female 68 Inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I know I know-I need to start my journal. I do not know why I have not done that-I really think it would be another support tool! Hope you have fun at work-the weekend is almost here. I will add you to my buddylist too.

Michelle
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 18:37

BF:
Post DANG GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have already lost LOTS of weight what are you doing?

Any advice for me who on DAY FOUR and it has been a bad day but I did not cheat
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 16:44

Plan: Atkins, BFL modified
Stats: 325/266.5/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi,

Stop by my journal for a chat, I'm always glad to talk. I however can say in part that having a kid helped my pack on a few pounds, I've always been heavy though. But not for long. Hope you stop by, I'll pass along any tips I might have if you'll do the same.