Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 12:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 123/117/108 Female 5'1"
BF:Unknown
Progress: 40%
Default I am just STARVING!!!!

I've been following Atkins for the past 10 weeks and have never had this problem, yet. So far I have always been satisfied with the foods that I bring during the day - but today........SHEESH!!! I could eat everything in sight!!!! Does this mean that I have knocked myself out of ketosis??
I have recently added more exercising....ie: running regularly and added biking each morning and that may have something to do with it - but what's the point of exercising if you only have to eat more to keep yourself from starving????
Can anyone shed some light on this for me???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 12:34
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have days like that. What really helps me is a little more fiber and carbs. Broccoli and Cauliflower mix with melted cheese on top can really curb my appitite. Pork skins can sometimes help, but I have to be careful not to eat a ton of them. I think somedays we may just need more cals in a day, or some other nutrient is low.

It also sounds like you added quite a bit of activity, not just a little. You will need more to eat to not put your body in starvation mode. The whole lack of food while being chased by a sabertooth tiger thing.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 12:43

Stats: 144/140/125 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I used to get these insane munchy days, but I tend to have more of a binge problem, so I just stopped keeping the foods I craved in the house. Instead, I would make an extra chicken breast and have it on a salad, bring extra water or find some other bulky fibery food. I personally despise pork rinds, so I find that I can have just a few and be better, as their gross-ness usually counteracts my desire to binge on them. Seeing as I have been feeling really yucky and not prone to eating enough as of the last week or so, this for the first time ever isn't a problem, but normally is.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 12:43

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

You don't sound like a slowpoke to me!! Great job on your work-outs. LadyBelle is right--don't overwork your starvation mechanism. How about posting today's food intake and we can take a look at it? Also fitday is awesome. It can figure in your activity level. It could be you're burning more than you're taking in.

Annie-Pie
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 16:16
Registered Member

Stats: 150/139/125
BF:
Progress: 44%

Is it that time of the month?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 16:23

Plan: CAD with a few modificati
Stats: 193/141/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

i have heard too that when it is whoosh time people get even more hungry.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 16:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/168/160 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 80%

for me it seems like ia m always hungry no matter what. i don't know if it is a mental or a physical thing for me. if i have time to think, i have time to eat.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 16:35

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

As Gretchend said, I'll bet that you're in for a whoosh.
At least, that has been my experience when I get the extream munchies and rumbling belly all day long. Try not to give in to the munchies, but if you're truely hungry, then eat.

~Angi~