Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%
Default Breaking a stall

Ok I started atkins 2/03/03, been doing wonderful, lost 10 pounds first month, ten pounds the 2nd month and five the 3rd and 5 the 4th month.

I've been at 140 for the last three weeks. I'm getting bored with seeing 140 on the scale. I did go down to 139 one day then back up to 140. I'm still at 20 carbs a day and usually consume 1400-1600 calories a day.

My goal was to be at 130 by June 27th for my daughters wedding. Even though I've done great, I would have settled for 135.

I hear alot of people discuss upping your calories and carbs for a day or two to confuse your matabolism and then jump back into induction. I'm not worried about not being able to get back to induction, because I'm too determined to get to my goal. Has anyone done this, is there any advice, is two days enough and how much do I up my cal. and carb intake for those two days. And should I up with with veggies or a good plate of rice and gravy. ( I figure I may as well enjoy it huh).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:09
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

According the the Atkins info one cheat will put you out of ketosis and take almost a week to get your body back to burning fat stores. If you have a cheat once a week.....

You might try looking at some of the other lowered carb diets that aren't as strict, like the Zone. You can adjust the Zone to have less carbs and more fat, but the difference may jostle your body into doing what you want.

Another option would be to keep your carbs at this amount, but change what you are eating and your exercise type. Your body may be getting comfortable and a little shake up may be good.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:09

Stats: 205/178/125 Female 5'4" (ft & Inches)
BF:Tons not sure
Progress: 34%

#4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:11

Stats: 235/208/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I highly recomend Macadamia Nuts!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:51

Plan: SBD
Stats: 209/173/150 Female 5'7"
BF:40.9%/33.5%/23%
Progress: 61%
Cool Stall problems

I had essentially stalled...I only lost one pd between May 17 and June 6th. About June 2nd I started to do 3 things differently. 1, measured out my water to drink to make sure I was getting at least 64+ oz water . I tried to up my calories by 200-300, to include higher fat content items. I began eating 1oz (yes only oz) of macademia nuts a day. Maybe it was just my time but the scale began to move over the weekend and I am down 3 more pds. While I wouldn't suggest breaking the WOE with bad carbs I would increase the calories and fat and maybe increase the good carbs before I did anything else. And have patience.. Youv'e done great so far...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I agree. I wouldn't eat anything that you shouldn't but I would increase fat if you can, maybe some cream cheese or something like that. Its happened to me 3 times in the 3 1/2 months I've been doing this. I'm on a streak of eating around 1600-1700 calories and then I begin to feel really hungry and up the calories to about 1900-2100 for a couple days and lo and behold I drop a pound or two. Then the hunger goes away. I only eat induction foods and maybe a few berries or full fat yogurt.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:23

Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%

ok ya'll have convienced me not to do what I had planned. I wi ll up my calories for a few days and up my fat. Bring on the macadian nuts.

thanks.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/227/150 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 0%

You were just looking for permission to eat the rice with Gravy....LOL.....
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:45
Registered Member

Stats: 223/185/165 Male 71"
BF:Too high, duh!
Progress: 66%

Good luck and please keep us posted how it works for you. That could be very valuable information to many of us newbies. Thanks and congrats on losing 30+ so far!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:45
Registered Member

Stats: 223/185/165 Male 71"
BF:Too high, duh!
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally posted by moonfairy
You were just looking for permission to eat the rice with Gravy....LOL.....

HAHAHAHA!