Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:10
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%
Default High fat, high protein diet on Sky News

I've just seen a promo on Sky News for a piece on high fat, high protein diets. It's saying something like "high fat, high protein diets finally given approval". Will have to check the Foxtel guide to see when 'Health News' is on. Should be interesting
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-->CALP
Stats: 120/116/110
BF:
Progress: 40%

He Zedgirl,
Sounds interesting, we haven't gotten our Foxtel guide this month yet (!?).. Do you mind posting when you find when it'll be on, I'd love to see it!!
Thanks,
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 19:12
Say cheese!

BF:
Default Health News programme times

Just did a search on the Foxtel website. 'Health News' is on Thursday at 7.30pm, Friday 12.30pm and 1.30pm and Saturday 8.30pm. I assume they will show the same stories each time but as I've never watched it before I can't be sure.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 20:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-->CALP
Stats: 120/116/110
BF:
Progress: 40%

Thanks for the update Zedgirl... I appreciate it!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:35
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 140/140/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Frustration

Do any of you get this often when talking or hearing about low carbing? A lot of people just don't seem to hear the word 'low' and assume it is no-carb diet. Arrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh.

I guess a lot of people don't realise vegetables are carbs, so when you tell them you don't eat bread, pasta, potatoes, rice etc they wonder what is left to eat!

I was watching 'How's Life' on tv at 5.30, they were dicussing low carb diets and one of the panel said 'it really does not sound healthy not to eat any carbs'. I just wanted to scream at the TV 'it is NOT a no-carb diet!!!!!!!!!!'
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 19:52
Say cheese!

BF:

I haven't really told anyone (except my mother) I'm on a low carb diet yet. If anyone asks me how I lost weight I'll tell them what I'm doing but won't try and justify it. I'm 40 this year and I've never felt or looked better than I do right now (the same goes for my husband). My skin is finally clear of acne, my hair is shiny and I've lost that bloated look that I always had before. As much as I want to convert everyone to this WOL I'm not prepared to argue the virtues of it with everyone I speak to. Tell them to read the book (I'm doing Atkins) and let the results will speak for themselves!

Zedgirl
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 05:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:

hi guys,

it's true about the bloatness, I always can tell when I cheat and have sugar that my face seems to swell up...strange how what happens on the inside is 'written' on the outside.

re sky report, if anyone watches it can u just tell us a bit about it.

cheers,
cathie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 17:14
Say cheese!

BF:
Default Sky News goofed

Well it seems Sky News got it wrong and showed last weeks promo for this weeks show. After I emailed them, the producer replied telling me when it would be on and then again later to tell me that it was actually on last week's show. Apparently it was specifically about the Atkins diet too. They did say I could purchase a copy if I wanted to so if anyone is interested I can pass on the details.
Sorry!