Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 12:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/171.8/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Is this normal?

I'm on the 9th day of induction... When I started the diet I felt as if I couldn't get enough to eat.. I never felt full...

Today I've noticed that I haven't really felt that hungry at all.. The last couple of days actually.. I've been sticking to the plan with the exception of one Cafe' Mocha that I had last night.

Is this normal? Perhaps my body is just getting used to not having carbs to keep me full? It's very unusual because I was enjoying that feeling that my stomach was always running and now I feel like it's kind of at a stand still? I haven't weighed since Tuesday because I don't want to be discouraged by fluctuation. I had lost when I weighed on Tuesday by my Ketostix did not turn pink.. Is there any other way to test to see if I am still in Ketosis or maybe I'm eating some kind of hidden carb that is throwing me off? ?? I'm a little confused.. Maybe even discouraged at this point but I'm not going to quit.. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens next time I get on the scale..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 12:59

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

One symptom of ketosis is the loss of appetite....which is what you are experiencing. It does, however, fluctuate. I know when I am in the "heaviest" ketosis...my appetite is gone and I have to force myself to eat (and you must eat!) than right before my period, I can eat everything in sight! So this is completely normal.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 15:04

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

It sounds to me like you are on the RIGHT track. So please, don't be discouraged. My ketostix don't change colour either but i'm losing weight, so I'm not worried at all. I was even told to throw them away!...i haven't, but I'm now more focused on eating properly and less focused on pounds

So congrats on your weight loss so far, and keep doing the right things.

BTW No cravings for food? cool! Just keep your protein and fats up
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 15:17

Stats: 196/179/155
BF:
Progress: 41%

hello...don't worry too much, if you are keeping your carbs at 20g. per day you will defenately be on ketosis, as for the stiks, they seem to work fine for some people and not so for others. My advice is: by no means have a mocha( i love mocha!!) to avoid any setbacks... and do memorize this word- SETBACK- avoid it, it will help you stay focus.

ps.. perhaps you have reach a plateau?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 15:45

Stats: 175/171.8/150
BF:
Progress: 13%

Yeah, I went to my favorite coffee shop to do some writing and of course I grabbed a cup of coffee without even thinking about the carbs... It was a beautiful night and I had some really creative thoughts though so I won't beat myself up over the coffee.

I am going to start having to watch my carb intake a little closer though.. I haven't been counting every carb because there has been no need to.. I'm basically sticking with meat and eggs. I should have a little more discipline though when it comes to actually counting the carbs.. I know. Thanks for the encouragement guys!