Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 11:32

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%
Question Disregard

I am asking for this thread to be deleted. I posted it in the wrong section. So, my new journal will be up soon

Last edited by RickinTN : Thu, May-29-03 at 20:50.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 06:07
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi, Rick!
Well, I can't make the decision easier. Totally up to you, my friend. I can tell you that for me (remember your mileage may vary) my LC plan (Atkins) is the easiest "diet" I have ever been on. I am seldom hungry. As soon as I eat a "legal" food within minutes any cravings for anything else have disappeared. Which never happened for me on any other diet.
In addition to a simple and effective and HEALTHY way to lose weight, I can't imagine a more satisfying way of eating.
Concerning people having problems losing weight with this WOE: read thru the forums here; read the journals. Most people, I go so far as to say almost all people, that follow the food plan lose weight consistantly. In any weight loss plan there will be stalls. But for those who continued to use the plan faithfully, I see so many reach goal. And some of these folx had a heck of a long way to go.
Will it work if you don't work it? Not a prayer. Neither will anything else. Is it a magic cure for lard-itis? Nope. It is a method, if you choose to follow it, of becoming more heathy and to lose weight at the same time.
2 minor points for you to take into consideration after reading the stuff I wrote above. 1) I have only been doing this for 3 weeks tomorrow. I am certainly not an expert. But I do know how I feel on this plan and it is worth sharing. I feel great and not deprived at all! 2) There is a bonus to this WOE: these forums. This place has the greatest support base I can imagine.
Now, I have you by a good hundred pounds. I am obviously a food addict. Check on me in a month or 3 or a year. If it works for me there is hope for every one. I did not say it would work for everyone. But there will certainly be a great deal of hope.

Regardless your decision, my best wishes for your success and improved health in any program you choose.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 08:41

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%
Default Thank you!

Thank you for your encouraging words and your spirit about this! You have really encouraged me. Since I wrote the first message, I have read a lot of encouraging stuff. So, I am going to get my cholesterol and stuff checked next week and then get started
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 11:13
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Good for you! (I saw you grit those teeth with determination!)
I know you can do it.
I KNOW this: it will work if you work it. It will work well.
Do not obsess over the scale; eat the food that is on the program; take a walk if you are able. Voila! Next thing you know you are out buying smaller pants!

Good luck! Holler if you need anything at all!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 17:06
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Happy Birthday!

If you have any questions about Atkins or any other low carb plan I'll be happy to try to help you out, or point you to where you can get information.

Welcome!

Beth
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 00:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile Many happy returns!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICK!
Have a wonderful day!

Rosebud
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 07:42

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Hi RickinTN

Hi,

just read through your journal oh by the way hello!!, and I think MisterE said it all, so well. I have struggled for years with my weight, and never found a way of eating as satisfying as LowCarb. You will find if you follow it very closely that all your hunger will clear away and soon you will realise that your in control and that you could reach your goal, not your mini goal but go all the way

Great your going for the bloods test and take some photos and post them on the fridge, then make a start, it can be a little hard the first few days, like a hangover but in a few days your energy will return and from then on it great? A friend at College started a couple of weeks ago, and got on to me because he was not prepared for the first few days, once past that he agrees its a great diet for those of us that like our grub. I eat around 2000 calories a day and lost about 44lbs in 7 weeks.

Hope to see your progress and make sure you pop in to visit my journal.

All the best Mate