Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 09:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/215/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default 3 Week TOM ???

I've had issues recently with TOM. I'm on week 3 and have not weighed for fear of the scale being much higher. I'm on the pill and have just started the green pills in week 3 so I'm hoping Sunday when I start a new pack, TOM will be gone. Have any of you noticed TOM problems since you've been on this diet. I've had these problems in the past and am just wondering if it's related to my diet or if there is something else wrong. My doctor keeps changing my pills every 3 months or so to find a pill that works. But...so far...Nothing. Do you think for the entire 3 weeks I've been bloated and probably wouldn't have accurate reading ono the scale. My tummy feels so hard. That's never a good sign.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 09:48

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default mine is better

Since this WOL I have had less problems with TOM. I think your Dr. is causing your problems. That is too much switching back and forth.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 09:59

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Switching pills will throw off your estrogen and progesterone and all the other lovely hormones in your system. Couple that w/this WOL and your bound to have a crazy cycle.

This WOL alone will cause some irregularities in your cycle at first. I believe it happens due to a release of estrogen into your system (as well as other hormones)-- it's stored in fat cells-- when you lose fat, they're released. They don't know their place yet b/c your body is still adjusting to this WOL. Once you've adjusted, things will return to normal. My first cycle was a week early and stayed for two even though I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen (and have been for a while).

Hang in there. However, if things don't improve, I'd place a *friendly* call to your doc to have him get your meds figured out.

Nikki

BTW- This may also be contributing to your slow losses (from another post...).