Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, carb addicts
Stats: 190/176/148
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default hello from west virginia

I have some time so I thought I'd write a little bit about myself. I am from West Virginia. I am 31 and I have struggled with my weight all my life. I was a cheerleader in high school and kept myself at a normal weight by starving and binging, in my 20's after marriage to high school sweetheart and stress of life my body became less important to me and surviving the struggles of marriage became the top priority. I went from 140 at age 20 to 150's by mid 20's, high 160,s by late twenties and now at 31 my high other than pregnancy was 190 and I am down to 179.5. I love sweets and though not diagnosed I believe I am at least insulin resistant. When not on Atkins I eat and think about what else I'm going to eat, carb obsession. I went on Atkins last summer and lost 18lbs within two months. By September I had remained on induction too long and i was burned out. My grandmother who i loved so much died and i turned once again to food for comfort. It was comforting for a little while until I gained all my weight back and then a few lbs more. I am back on it again I yo yoed a couple times in the past few months off and on and still lost 8-10lbs. I have made it two full days on induction, yesterday was awful today wonderful I am down in the 170's. I love this low carb site it is so motivating.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 02:19

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi and welcome to this forum. As you say, it is a very motivating site.

Glad you got back on the wagon. Low carbing is a great way of life and will bring many benefits other than weight loss. This time, once you have done induction, remember to slightly increase your carbs. You can not rush weight loss - even it we want instant success - our body reacts otherwise.

Make sure that you are eating enough food and drinking enough to keep your metabolism working well. If you have not already, you might find it worthwhile joining Fitday.com to keep account of your food intake.

Every success with the low carb way of life.