Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 02:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/220/130
BF:
Progress: 25%
Question BFL & Atkins

Who else out there does the Atkins WOE and the BFL exercise plan??? I have been doing it - quite successfully - but have just moved to OZ and need to either a) find a gym or b) dig out my weight bench and weights from the packing!!! This week I am getting back into action - so will be doing Wk1 of the challenge - but I just can't go back to eating the BFL way (I did the challenge for 10 weeks - then went on hols and blew it - when I was heavier it was great - but I find I can manage my eating better on Atkins and still get the exercise benefit of BFL).

Anyway - just interested to see if anyone else does this.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 07:21
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi there! Have you reviewed this thread ? There's plenty of info here to get you started!!

Best of luck with your challenge!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 08:18

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

And this thread should give you an idea of just how many members are doing BFL and LC

Welcome to the 'club'!

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 20:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/127/120
BF:?
Progress: 53%
Default Have done both

The BFL thing worked great for me until I got sick. I saw great results. I did find it hard to maintain. I am the mother of a 4 and a 5 year old and my husband and I have our own business.

However, the Atkins diet is going very well now that I understand where my limits are on carbs. I dance for exercise and for now that's all I need...I don't have alot of weight to lose and didn't want to fall into losing it too quickly with lots of exercise I won't be able to keep up with. Slow and steady is good for me.

You should see wonderful results with both plans in place. I can't wait to see your after photo when you get done with the challenge.

I'll be moving twice in the next 7-8 months...we are building a new house, so I might be getting in touch for some advise.

#5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 21:56

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Hi..

I'm also on Atkins and on day 2 of BFL. I had to modify it quite a bit though because I perform and teach dance, which means I've got 3hr dance practices, and I teach dance 4 nights a week... 1.5 to 2hrs each night. Needless to say.. the aerobic challenge is out of the question for me!

I'm hoping the BFL program will get my weight loss back on track soon... I have only 22 lbs until I reach goal, but those numbers wont mean much here soon.... as I know I'll be gaining muscle over the next few weeks.

Man was I sore!! And I thought I was fit.

Anyway, good luck in finding a gym.. hope to see you around on the board! It's nice to know others are using this WOE with BFL.

take care!!