Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [BFL] BFL & Atkins (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48467)

MintQ8 Sun, Jun-23-02 02:19

BFL & Atkins

Who else out there does the Atkins WOE and the BFL exercise plan??? I have been doing it - quite successfully - but have just moved to OZ and need to either a) find a gym or b) dig out my weight bench and weights from the packing!!! This week I am getting back into action - so will be doing Wk1 of the challenge - but I just can't go back to eating the BFL way (I did the challenge for 10 weeks - then went on hols and blew it - when I was heavier it was great - but I find I can manage my eating better on Atkins and still get the exercise benefit of BFL).

Anyway - just interested to see if anyone else does this.

TeriDoodle Sun, Jun-23-02 07:21

Hi there! Have you reviewed this thread ? There's plenty of info here to get you started!!

Best of luck with your challenge!!! :D

Natrushka Sun, Jun-23-02 08:18

And this thread should give you an idea of just how many members are doing BFL and LC :)

Welcome to the 'club'!

Nat

MelissaB Tue, Aug-13-02 20:40

Have done both

The BFL thing worked great for me until I got sick. I saw great results. I did find it hard to maintain. I am the mother of a 4 and a 5 year old and my husband and I have our own business.

However, the Atkins diet is going very well now that I understand where my limits are on carbs. I dance for exercise and for now that's all I need...I don't have alot of weight to lose and didn't want to fall into losing it too quickly with lots of exercise I won't be able to keep up with. Slow and steady is good for me.

You should see wonderful results with both plans in place. I can't wait to see your after photo when you get done with the challenge.

I'll be moving twice in the next 7-8 months...we are building a new house, so I might be getting in touch for some advise.

:wave: :cheer:

Jalilah Wed, Aug-28-02 21:56

Hi.. :wave:

I'm also on Atkins and on day 2 of BFL. I had to modify it quite a bit though because I perform and teach dance, which means I've got 3hr dance practices, and I teach dance 4 nights a week... 1.5 to 2hrs each night. Needless to say.. the aerobic challenge is out of the question for me!

I'm hoping the BFL program will get my weight loss back on track soon... I have only 22 lbs until I reach goal, but those numbers wont mean much here soon.... as I know I'll be gaining muscle over the next few weeks.

Man was I sore!! And I thought I was fit. :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck in finding a gym.. hope to see you around on the board! It's nice to know others are using this WOE with BFL.

take care!! :sunny: