Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 12:21

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Please post!!!!! At least introduce yourself :)

I hope no one will think I'm out of line posting this, but every time I log on, someone has just registered, and I never get to meet them because so many people don't post! I looked through the member list and there are pages and pages of people who've registered and never posted. I've clicked on some of the profiles, and there are some very interesting people hiding out there -- won't you let us get to know you?

Please delurk and introduce yourselves. What plan are you on? How long have you been doing it? What are your struggles, your successes, your tips? We can all help each other. If you've been reading this forum you'll find that people are very supportive and very polite, so don't be shy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 18:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/210/150
BF:
Progress: 25%
Smile

I have been on/off Atkins since October I will be consistent for a week or so and then eat some sort of refined carbs. Today is Dec. 1 and I am committed to NOT going off the program! My husband and I are going on a cruise June 2nd and I so want to be thin for that.

Any helpful hints for breakfast as I get sooooo tired of bacon and eggs after a while.

Thanks! Looking forward to making friends!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 22:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Just a quick welcome to nomorefat -- now there's determination for you!

As for breakfast, check out the Recipes section. There are a lot of Breakfast recipes (and others) there. (Look at the orange bar on top of the forum.)

I was on and off Low Carb for three years, so I know exactly how you feel. Maybe I'd practiced enough to get it right this time, but so far, doing great. I wish the same for you.

-------------------

Since this post has been made a Stickie, I'd like to add something I forgot to put in the first one. If you introduce yourself by posting a new thread, you're likely to get more welcomes and be seen by more people Sharon also just made an older, general Introductions thread active -- so look for that one.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 14:12

Plan: Atkins Diet w/ a twist
Stats: 200/177/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default recipes

go on the low carb recipe section of this site. There are some great dishes. In fact, their is a breakfast one highlighted on the top- and upside down breakfast soufle.
good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 15:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/165/135
BF:
Progress:

Hi Alto,
New here, only been lurking for a couple weeks .
Giving LC another try. I am an Atkins alumni and advocate for 20+ years. It always worked for me to keep myself in line. After my son was born I lost 40 pounds and pretty much kept if off with a few setbacks. But recently with Menopause setting in I just cant seem to lose. I do the keto-stiks and can stay purple for weeks and not drop a pound.
So there you have my sucess and my anxiety. Anyone reading this with a similar story that has a happy ending please let me know. I am out of the house from 7am to 7:30pm m-f (2hrs of that is cumute, so most of my meals are to go. I bring breakfast and lunch every day.
There ya have it, nice to meet you and it's nice to know where to go for a little support.
Jeanie
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 21:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/205/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking Introducing myself

HI, my name is sherry, I am 26, I've been lowcarbing since 99 on and off, at one point I had lost 75 lbs, I gained back 10, but I am back on track and doing well...I visit several boards for the support and knowledge and I believe I will really like this board.
HIYA ALL!

Sherry