Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 08:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Please Explain the Science in this

Ok, I'm day three back on my diet and doing well. I must say yesterday was really really hard, I actually went to Price Chopper and picked out donuts with my daughter, I picked all the ones I love...I usually eat them all by the time I've gotten home and then ration with myself that it will put me back in induction where I lose the most weight anyways...well I did not eat one of them...not one. Yesterday was day two on induction and I had done so well (alot of you will say I'm not eating enough but I am not hungry and will not eat if I am not hungry)...I got home and there they sat on my dining room table. They looked soooo good. But I prevailed...I did not touch one of them...I even went into the kitchen and made a lc dessert (which I did not eat any of either) for some reason I am craving sweets and salt?

Anyways my question is this. How is it that I go off the diet and put on say 4 lbs within a week then go into induction and take that 4lbs + off in the first week? Is it only water weight I am puttign on? Today is only day 3 and I have taken off the 4lbs I put on last week already...

Gail
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 10:07

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

It's probably water retension weight. Sorry to lessen the good feeling of that weight loss, but high carb junk food causes us to retain water and bloat while low carbing flushes the retained water out. Thats why most see such a dramatic initial loss with Induction, that water can weigh around 6lbs! Stick with it and the real weight will follow that water weight right out! Congratulations on turning away from temptation. If your cravings don't naturally subside soon you could add L-glutamine to curb them. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne