Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 10:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 294/255/155 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Unhappy Down in the dumps

Well, here I am. Feeling awful. A whole month doing nothing. Was at 259.5 on June 15th. Yesterday, I was at 254.5. Today 258. I'm drinking lots of water. Yesterday, I decided to go to strict Induction with no little goodies, like the cheesecake, ymmmm. I've always done Induction anyway but sometimes would add a little something. So I ate 2 eggs with peppers, mushrooms, cheese for brft. Big salad for lunch. 2 bratwurst with 2 TBSP saurkraut for dinner. One Diet Rite soda for snack. Last piece of cheesecake. Did have flax seed ground up twice yesterday.

Heat and humidity are up. Yesterday was 113 at my house. And 89 inside. I know I'm retaining water cuz my wedding ring quit moving. That is my little way of seeing if I am retaining or not. Three days ago I could remove it, now can't move it at all.

I'm discouraged today. Not enough to quit, or even cheat, but still.....
I wanted to be below 240 by my B'day in Sept. But at this rate I won't even be below 250.

Echo
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 12:32

Stats: 300.5/260.0/130.0 Female 5'2"
BF:65%/58%/22%
Progress: 24%

Echo,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down. I think we all go through moments like these. Good for you for getting back on track. I'm sending you some hugs and cool weather.

Carla
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 12:41

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hey Echo-

Hang in there. I know it seems bad, but I've been in the same situation for a while now. Things will get better. Darn blasted water weight can creep up and frustrate the best of us. Don't worry, it'll leave. Just keep drinking up and try to stay cool.

BTW- You've done marvelously so far, who's to say what you'll accomplish by the time of your b-day?? Remember, you still may be losing inches. Lord knows that's all I seem to be losing lately.

Take care-
Nikki
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 12:44

Stats: 300.5/260.0/130.0 Female 5'2"
BF:65%/58%/22%
Progress: 24%

A whole bunch of my online friends have experienced this too. It's so weird, but I'd rather lose inches than pounds.

Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdy
Remember, you still may be losing inches. Lord knows that's all I seem to be losing lately.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 21:08
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi Echo,

I have noticed in several of your posts that you stated you don't count your carbs. If I were you, I would start doing that. Carb creep can slow your loss and even make you gain. Hang in there! You are doing great!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 07:20
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Stay encouraged...perhaps what you've eaten has had a high sodium content and therefore making you retain more water.

You're progress so far is inspiring so please hang in there....make sure you do keep up with your measurements too because as mentioined before U may be losing there!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:57

Plan: my own
Stats: 35/35/22 Female 5'5.5''
BF::(/:(/:)
Progress: 0%

Hi, Echo.
Firstly, I wouldn't worry too much about the gain because You know for certain You are retaining water. Be sure to keep on drinking water and plenty of it.
Secondly, if you aren't counting your carbs it really would help you out to do so. Everything(including all dairy and eggs) except most meat has at least some carbs in it and those partial points can catch up to us if we don't count them.
Do you use FitDay or something similar? If so you can check your sodium intake over the last few days and see if it has been up. If you don't use something like FitDay I do suggest you look into it. Until this becomes second nature to us, keeping a handle on our intake helps us plan more efficiently I've found.
The water weight will come off I promise. You're doing well. Keep at it

Namaste,
carla

Last edited by odyssey : Thu, Jul-17-03 at 11:02.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 00:34
blah

Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi there

Flax eh? well it seems to me a friend of mine had trouble with gaining when she was taking flax. Perhaps you could check the carbs maybe it is a bit to high.

Neen
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 18:25
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTEcho
I wanted to be below 240 by my B'day in Sept. But at this rate I won't even be below 250.

Hi Echo...

I just wanted to point out that you posted weight today is 247.5, so even with your water weight gain, etc., you are already below 250. And September is a ways off - who knows what the scale will read then?

But really ... what are these numbers other than one type of measurement to track your progress with this WOE? Maybe you are losing inches, or feeling better generally. I know that the scale is the biggest indicator of success for most of us, but it's not the only one.

When I'm depressed, I 'see through the glass darkly' ... my perception is skewed and things feel worse than they are. I hope you're UP from the dumps and can appreciate how brave and strong you were (and are!) to not just quit when you weren't feeling your best.