Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 07:36

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Monday - Feb 2

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome who are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

I have a stomach virus - have had since Sat night, but have tried to ignore it - so no menu today. I have to travel about 250 miles later today - a friend is going to drive me since I'm really not feeling well. Prayers y'all are saying for situation are appreciated.

Last edited by Orang : Mon, Feb-02-04 at 07:40.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 08:53

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, I was about to jump on an b*&$h about only losing 1 lb this week after scrupulous use of Fitday and working out, but in light of your situation I realize it's nothing.
Take care traveling, you are in my thoughts and I hope you feel better physically.{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 09:32

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Our thoughts are with you, Renee. Let us know how things turn out.

Just have a second, but wanted to share with everyone that we adopted 2 (yes, 2) kittens from the no-kill animal shelter yesterday afternoon. A 3-month-old male (Pippin) and a 6-month old female (Merry, short for Meriadoc). I guess we're in a "Lord of the Rings" kind of mood. I read the whole series when I was a kid, and then again in college when I had a course on it. Now seeing the movies, it just kind of popped into my head when we started discussing names.

They get along great together, and my 12-year-old female cat (Gus, short for Agamenticus) and 2-year-old dog (Shelby) don't seem to mind the new intruders. It will take a week or so for things to settle down, but it will be fun!

I'll try to drop in again later. Went off the wagon yesterday during the Super Bowl, but not too bad.

Last edited by BawdyWench : Mon, Feb-02-04 at 09:47.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 11:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Renee - hope you're feeling better ASAP. There's nothing I hate more than being sick like that. Much health vibes and prayers your way.

Bawdy, kudos to you for sharing your home with two new family members. Kittens are hilarious.

I'm off to get showered and to the grocery store. They are advertising a new LC bread that I might try.

Have a good Monday...
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Monday

Just a quick "HI" to everybody!
Renee, I hope things work out OK for you today. The weather is yuky here, so it may be the same over your way as well. Take care travelling!

Bawdy, So glad to hear about your new adoptees!! I have adopted several dogs and a ragdoll cat from rescue groups as well as the local shelter! It can be addicting! Hope this helps heal your heart.

Hi to everyone else! I tried the new Dannon lowcarb yogurt...yummy...maybe TOO yumy!!!

Kat
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 11:52

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I ended up not having to leave town and I won't be having any children in my home - at least not until this summer and probably not at all. PM me if you want details.

I continue to have a stomach virus - I'm not getting enough protein, but doing well otherwise.

Bawdy, Congrats on the new family members - they are very lucky to have been adopted by you and "G"

Elaine - hang in there - at least you did have a loss.

Hi Marnie, Robin, Chamellie, Unity, Kat, Kristine and Rob. Where are Wendy and Keith?

Last edited by Orang : Mon, Feb-02-04 at 11:53.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 13:22

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

ok guys I need help...I am so broke my mor. co. is threating to forclose, and I am getting laid off..I need 101 ways to fix caned tuna & egg. So if you have any yummy recipes please let me know
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 14:33

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing good!

Orang- You will remain in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you are feeling much better soon!

Ewinpa- WTG on that pound down!

Bawdy- Congrats on the new family members!

Kristine- I tried a new LC bread that came in here to a local store. It was not too bad. Much better than that homemade stuff I tried to bake..lol!

Unity- I'm very sorry for your situation and I really hope that things will get better for you soon!

My back is finally feeling much better. Today I caught up on some much needed cleaning and laundry. Hopefully will be back at gym on Wednesday. I'd like to weigh in as I haven't done so in 2 weeks. Dare I hope for a loss?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 17:56

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Unity, {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}.I hope your situation will be looking up soon. (put your resume out on your local internet sites-local paper, Jobnet, etc- if you haven't already)
TUNA:
http://southernfood.about.com/cs/tunarecipes/
http://www.fish-n-seafood.com/Top_H...afood_Tuna.html
EGGS:
http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/0rec/04eggs.htm
http://www.recipelink.com/rcpeggs.html
http://www.iowaegg.org/eggrecipes.asp

My, we are having our share of tough times in our group.

Bawdy,congrats on the kitties. I work with a gal who has 21 cats. Yes, 21 and she keeps them in good health.Enjoy

I found that Carb Counters milk at my local store. It's pretty good. I got the 2% type.Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Lissette(Shelly)?????
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 20:59
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI everyone!

Char-sorry you are feeling ill today.. hopefully it will not last too long.. and I dont know all the details on the 'children' but """"""hugs"""""""

Thanks for all the tuna recipes..gonna check'em out myself later on! Hey you guys.. I lost 3 lbs since last Monday! YAY.. doing a happy skip.. For me its a HUGE thing..cause I NEVER lose weight on diets... so I am estatic that my diligence and energy focused on this paid off this past week... I feel hopeful.

Congrats on the kittens..I have 2 older cats..they are 12 and 13 y/o.. they are my luvs..I also have 2 dogs now as well.. one is 13. .she is a doll.. a lab mix.. I love her to death..then a cple of mnths ago, we went to get a bigger fish tank, and came home with a jack russell mix 3 years old from the humane society who was parked at the pet store.. um.. go figure! LOL!

I did my calculations from the PP book today.. posted them in my journal.. Amazing how much clearer I am thinking now.. compared to 3 weeks ago, when I got the book and my sugars were in the high 300's... its amazing.

Gee all of a sudden I am a bit hungry.. I guess I will go grab some cheese and a slim jim!

BBL!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 22:45
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 280/280/212 Male 6.0
BF:
Progress:

I am still here, just not posting....I actually fit comfortably into a size 44 pants, that in august I could not button without sucking in. So for that I am happy, but I am getting a little bored with the variety of food that I eat and I am constantly cooking and cleaning now, so I have been tempted to dump everything, although I am happy that I do not need to eat a lot of food anymore though.

Also the protein requirement for a person my weight is 46 grams per meal...come on, that is alot of protein, and to eat that much protein and keep it lean is really hard for me, besides I really don't want to eat that much protein all day.

Last edited by Keithvb : Mon, Feb-02-04 at 22:50.