Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 08:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%
Default Deer and Pork Sausage

I have a question, When I bring up sausage in fitday.com, it brings up turkey, beef and pork sausage. These all read high in calories and has 2-3 carbs. I presume because they are processed they have other additives in it.

But I get my sausage made from fresh deer meat 40% mixed with 65% pork meat (grounded up pork roast) mixed together and put in the the sausage casing. Does anyone know the calories and carbs on this, would it be lower since its not processed? I love sausage, but I really don't want to waist my carbs on meats.

Lora
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 09:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL/BFL exercise
Stats: 142/137/130
BF:
Progress: 42%

I'm just guessing that there is less calories in deer/pork sausage because deer is so lean. I would also guess that it has 0 carbs. I would love to have some. It reminds me of my childhood when Dad would bring home deer meat. Christa
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 10:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/196/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default No carbs

Hi Lora,

Pre-Atkins (and years ago) my very favorite chili was made with venison and ground pork. Deer meat has very little fat, but lot'sa flavor.

If nothing else is added to the venison and pork, there's no carbs involved at all.

Sounds to me like something you should really be able to enjoy, and if you wanna pass the plate . . .