Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 21:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/334.5/170
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default I need input!!

Hi all...

I NEVER thought I'd be saying this, but I need suggestions to UP my calories. Wow.... doesn't that sound funny?

Anyway, if I am supposed to keep my calories at 10 - 12 x my body weight, I'm failing miserably. I am usually at around 2500 with 68% fat, 3% carbs and 29% protien.
I haven't lost a pound yet and I've been at this for approx 11 weeks or so.
My basal body maintenance, lifestyle and excercise add up to about 3800 calories. Gee, if a calorie were just a calorie, I'd be losing weight like crazy, wouldn't I?

So I'm looking for suggestions from everyone about how to get in approx 3800 - 4000 calories a day and making sure my %ages stay the same or maybe even get a bit better.

What are your favorite treats that help get your calories where you want to be? I already butter everything I can... try to use dressing and mayo and olive oil as much as I can. But you just can't put those things on EVERYTHING...

Thanks in advance, you guys are the greatest here. Its wonderful to have such incredible support!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 00:51
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hmm. What can I say but fat, fat and more fat!

What about choosing fattier cuts of meat? It sounds yucky, but high quality extra-virgin olive oil and flax seed, Udo's or essential balance oil can actually be sipped. There is always whipping cream, but I don't think it's the best choice for calories as it can also cause stalls.

What do you normally eat in a day?

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/334.5/170
BF:
Progress: 9%

I do try to eat the fattier cuts of beef. Porterhouse... Mmmmmm..
I eat the bits of fat on my porkchops, etc. I eat the chicken skin now if its nice and crisp. I haven't gotten to the point of being able to sip oil.
I use whipping cream once in a while but usually only in recipes since I don't eat anything with aspartame (diet jello) and have nothing to put it on!!

My typical breakfast is either 3 hardboiled eggs with butter and 6 slices bacon or 10 breakfast meatballs (made with sausage, hamburger, eggs, shallots and cheese, approx 90 calories each and I forget the fat level... )

For lunch I always end up having dinner leftovers which is usually grilled steaks, porkchops, chicken, roast or I grab a cheeseburger from Wendys with no bun and xtra mayo.

OH lets not forget the snacks... cheese and a few oz of peanuts once in a while. A few porkrinds a day (I can only take so many)

I've pretty much listed the dinners. I have hot chicken wings with Ranch about 3 times a week since they have such great fat content. I also eat my salads with Ranch or ceasar and lots of green veggies with butter. I butter everything I can, add olive oil if I'm baking or frying my meats. I use mayo as much as I can as well...
I have the occasional atkins muffin slathered in butter... YUM...
I also drink 4 liters of water a day and as you know, you just aren't as hungry on this diet anyway. I am not complaining, I get all I want and more. I'm just concerned that my weight isn't coming off PARTLY due to the fact that I'm burning about 3800 calories a day and I'm only taking in about 2500.
So anyway, hope all that helps with some analysis.
Thanks a million~~