Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 13:58

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Trick to Make Sure I Drink Minimum 64 oz. Water

I've NEVER been a huge fan of drinking water. I do like sparkling water but felt better about drinking filtered still water (like Angela/Skamito said, "the idea of adding carbon to water....."). I have these 16 oz. glasses (so I only need to drink four of them). Everyday now, after I drink down a glass, I treat myself to two macadamia nuts. That way, I get my water and I also get a "snack". So usually, before dinner, I've at least had my minimum daily requirement of water and anymore afterwards is "gravy" (so to speak)!

Last edited by paradise : Tue, Apr-29-03 at 20:47.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 14:02

Plan: My Own
Stats: 356.8/335/190 Female 5' 9"
BF:huh?...what?..%#$~
Progress: 13%

Good for you! The way I get all my water in is at work. I have a 24oz bottle that stays on my desk I try to drink 5 of those a day to do that on my desk calendar I write 5 sticks (ex. IIIII) and cross out each one when I drink a bottle thats 24oz. So I get all my water in at work, its easier. I don't drink that much water at home only when I go work out. Good Luck!

-K
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 14:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/165/150 Female 5'5"
BF:It is scary!
Progress: 84%

That so cute,you post made me smile!! I like the fact you give yourself a treat, very motivating!!! I am one of those unlucky ppl who have to stay away from diet sodaand crystal light So I have to drink only water all day and since Im naturally a thirsty person I get it done. I use to hate water but now I enjoy it.Good Luck to everyone!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 20:40

Stats: 213/192.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:not a clue
Progress: 33%

Great tip Paradise!

I will have to try this.

Suzie
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 20:53

Stats: 297/264.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:3rd/attempt/toLC
Progress: 28%

Gunna have to get me one of those big glasses...I just realized that I have not been drinking enough water... I guess I have been so busy trying to get everything else in order...

good tips in this thread!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 02:13
Registered Member

Stats: 163/149/125
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Ditto!

Same here!

I have erratic water consumption days. Some days more than enough, some days way under and some in between.

I've got to work harder at stabilizing my levels so that I consume at least 72 ounces.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 02:34

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have a 1 litre water bottle at work and I put 3 elastic bands around the bottle. Every time I empty the bottle I remove a band. Once I take the last band off, I'm done for the day. That's my trick for work. At home, I fill a 1 gallon pitcher with water and keep it in the fridge, and when I'm down to under 1/4 of the jug left, I've had my quota for the day. Works for me....

N.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 12:06

Plan: Atkins/CAD/Now?
Stats: 216/210.5/110?? Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Water hater here... this is my biggest hurdle... will try some of your ideas!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 12:11

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

try FRUIT 2O it is really good. has a good flavor but not real strong and it still feels like you are driking water.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 12:44

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 168/155/135
BF:
Progress: 39%

I have a 1.5 liter water bottle (had Dasani water in it at one time) I have a RO water system at home because our local tap water is so bad. I fill up my water bottle before work and take it with me everywhere. I have found that carting it around with you makes you drink it without even thinking. When I get home form work it is empty and I fill it up again and have to drink it before I go to bed. That is 100 ozs!

On a funny note though, I had to sit through a three hour meeting at work yesterday and I was so bored I ended up drinking the whole bottle, I had to pee so bad by the time the meeting was over! We were in a small room and I would have had to make a bunch of people get up if I were to leave to go to the bathroom, so I waited it out.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 13:12

Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%

Why not go out and buy one of those red construction worker helmets with the built in six pack holder and straw? Just attach 6 water bottles instead and your all set.

Of course clear away any obstructing furniture that may lead and impede to the bathroom.

TomC
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: Keto - Started 1/3/13
Stats: 309/264/225 Male 72
BF:36
Progress: 54%

I drink 5 24 oz bottle of plland spring sport bottle / day at work..

I have a water cooler right next to my desk.. so its a easy refill..
my associates thought i had a badder problem until they realized i am on the atkins diet.

I average about 170 oz's of water /day during the week.. weekends i have less....
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 14:04
Registered Member

Plan: Keto - Started 1/3/13
Stats: 309/264/225 Male 72
BF:36
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally posted by jedswife
try FRUIT 2O it is really good. has a good flavor but not real strong and it still feels like you are driking water.

I enjoy the Fruit 2o also.. but i dont consider that part of my water intake b/c of the stuff thats in it.. spleda and other chemicals ... its like drinking diet soda and shouldnt be considered water.. but i may be wrong