Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Trick to Make Sure I Drink Minimum 64 oz. Water (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101911)

paradise Tue, Apr-29-03 13:58

Trick to Make Sure I Drink Minimum 64 oz. Water

I've NEVER been a huge fan of drinking water. I do like sparkling water but felt better about drinking filtered still water (like Angela/Skamito said, "the idea of adding carbon to water....."). I have these 16 oz. glasses (so I only need to drink four of them). Everyday now, after I drink down a glass, I treat myself to two macadamia nuts. That way, I get my water and I also get a "snack". So usually, before dinner, I've at least had my minimum daily requirement of water and anymore afterwards is "gravy" (so to speak)!

kish Tue, Apr-29-03 14:02

Good for you! The way I get all my water in is at work. I have a 24oz bottle that stays on my desk I try to drink 5 of those a day to do that on my desk calendar I write 5 sticks (ex. IIIII) and cross out each one when I drink a bottle thats 24oz. So I get all my water in at work, its easier. I don't drink that much water at home only when I go work out. Good Luck!

-K :thup:

SweetSheri Tue, Apr-29-03 14:09

That so cute,you post made me smile!! I like the fact you give yourself a treat, very motivating!!! :D I am one of those unlucky ppl who have to stay away from diet sodaand crystal light :( So I have to drink only water all day and since Im naturally a thirsty person I get it done. I use to hate water but now I enjoy it.Good Luck to everyone! :) :wave:

onebzzymom Tue, Apr-29-03 20:40

Great tip Paradise!

I will have to try this.

Suzie :wave:

Saweetie Tue, Apr-29-03 20:53

Gunna have to get me one of those big glasses...I just realized that I have not been drinking enough water... I guess I have been so busy trying to get everything else in order...

good tips in this thread!

joan_s Wed, Apr-30-03 02:13

Ditto!

Same here!

I have erratic water consumption days. Some days more than enough, some days way under and some in between.

I've got to work harder at stabilizing my levels so that I consume at least 72 ounces.

nikkil Wed, Apr-30-03 02:34

I have a 1 litre water bottle at work and I put 3 elastic bands around the bottle. Every time I empty the bottle I remove a band. Once I take the last band off, I'm done for the day. That's my trick for work. At home, I fill a 1 gallon pitcher with water and keep it in the fridge, and when I'm down to under 1/4 of the jug left, I've had my quota for the day. Works for me....

N.

Daethian Wed, Apr-30-03 12:06

Water hater here... this is my biggest hurdle... will try some of your ideas!

jedswife Wed, Apr-30-03 12:11

try FRUIT 2O it is really good. has a good flavor but not real strong and it still feels like you are driking water.

Laura D Wed, Apr-30-03 12:44

I have a 1.5 liter water bottle (had Dasani water in it at one time) I have a RO water system at home because our local tap water is so bad. I fill up my water bottle before work and take it with me everywhere. I have found that carting it around with you makes you drink it without even thinking. When I get home form work it is empty and I fill it up again and have to drink it before I go to bed. That is 100 ozs!

On a funny note though, I had to sit through a three hour meeting at work yesterday and I was so bored I ended up drinking the whole bottle, I had to pee so bad by the time the meeting was over! We were in a small room and I would have had to make a bunch of people get up if I were to leave to go to the bathroom, so I waited it out.

TomC Wed, Apr-30-03 13:12

Why not go out and buy one of those red construction worker helmets with the built in six pack holder and straw? Just attach 6 water bottles instead and your all set.

Of course clear away any obstructing furniture that may lead and impede to the bathroom.

TomC

Funbags Wed, Apr-30-03 14:01

I drink 5 24 oz bottle of plland spring sport bottle / day at work..

I have a water cooler right next to my desk.. so its a easy refill..
my associates thought i had a badder problem until they realized i am on the atkins diet. :D

I average about 170 oz's of water /day during the week.. weekends i have less....

Funbags Wed, Apr-30-03 14:04

Quote:
Originally posted by jedswife
try FRUIT 2O it is really good. has a good flavor but not real strong and it still feels like you are driking water.

I enjoy the Fruit 2o also.. but i dont consider that part of my water intake b/c of the stuff thats in it.. spleda and other chemicals ... its like drinking diet soda and shouldnt be considered water.. but i may be wrong