Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 10:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Talking ISI whipped creamer!!!

ISI whipped creamer!!!
I had read about this little beauty on one of these boards - went searching and it arrived yesterday. This gem gives me instant whipped cream - all pretty , swirly and I like it even without splenda or additives! I am helping myself recognize that beauty of the plate and preparation is part of the quality eating experience. Trying to add in the garnishes, (chopped fresh chives, or parsley ) that help make an experience or event for the meal.

My DH was skeptical when he saw it (I didn't forewarn him the UPS man was coming...) but actually smiled when he saw the great whipped cream. I got all excited that you can also put whipped up desert concoctions in there - chocolate mousse for example.

Question for anyone else out there - have you ever found the refill cartridges for the propellent locally? I was hoping maybe a gourmet shoppe might handle them... or be kind enough to start!

Jan
(Living Large while getting smaller)

YUMMY
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 11:27

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ebay usually has the best prices on the propellent - gourmet shops tend to be a rip off.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 11:56

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

You definatly should be able to find them in any kitchen shop. They are fantastic!! Another tip, if you have flavored syrups, put a few tablespoons in the bottom with the cream before you put the cartridge on. i used to work at Starbucks, and they put in vanilla.. Yum Yum!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:19
Registered Member

Stats: 182/167.5/164
BF:
Progress: 81%

A lot of local stores do not carry them as they can be inhaled to get you very very high.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 20:53
Registered Member

Stats: 293/293/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I get my cartridges at a store here in British Columbia called London Drugs - don't know if you have them or not....it's a drug/audio/video/computer store - a little of everything. I have a funny feeling that Sears also carries them.

Another thing about the dispenser is that I think it keeps the cream fresher for longer.

I sure liked the idea about adding other goodies to the cream - I usually add Splenda but some of the other ideas sound great!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 06:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/143.0/135 Female 5'4"
BF:?
Progress: 60%

I have a similar gadget but it doessn't require any propellant - just muscle power. You pump it yourself. Got it through the King Arthur Flour catalog. (I'm not buying their flour anymore, but they're very nice people and they sell a lot of cool gadgets!)
Diane
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 07:38

Stats: 204/187/150
BF:
Progress: 31%

Do you remember the name of the one that you pump yourself with no propellent? I looked on that website but I didn't see it. Thanks.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 13:56

Default pumped whipped cream

Safetygirl - it's called Quick Whip,item#5125. A little pricey at $25.95, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.
Diane
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 01:11

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

di52 - how long does it take to "whip" the cream using muscle power?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 04:45

Jean - just a few minutes. I've only ever made about 1/4 cup at a time, but I guess the more you make, the longer it takes.
Diane
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 05:32
Registered Member

Stats: 227/184/135
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default ISI

Could someone please tell me what ISI cream is? I have never heard of it. From the posts, it sounds like a gadget that you put your cream into.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 12:52
Registered Member

Stats: 168/115/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

Teddi,

It is a very nice gadget but here in California a bit pricing at the gourmet kitchen store. $60. US dollars. But some postings are correct it is cheaper through Ebay.

Yes you just pour your cream , splenda or sugar free syrups and your dispense tab close and wala! You just made you the best whipping Cream like store bought cans if not better and also comes with a few recipies for chocolate mouses etc.

Enjoy if you buy...

Amazin77
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 18:01
Registered Member

Stats: 227/184/135
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default ISI

Thanks Amazin77. I'd love to try this gadget. Any idea what it might be called ob Ebay?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 18:18

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default cream whipper

is the name of this gadget. I ended up going to their website tonight and ordering some cartridges. : Here is there ebay store: ISI Cream Whippers and Accessories http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=19911123

It made a pint of whipped cream go so much frothier than when I whipped it with my stick blender.

Jan
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 02:58

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

OK, the ISI Cream Whipper is on sale at one of the big grocery stores here, for $39.99 CAD. The ad also says that the CO2 chargers are available for $7.49 (donno how many of em for that price). So I may get one; however I am wondering if you use one charger for every pint of cream? Is that how it works? Or, as DBF is saying, can you add MORE cream when it runs low, using the same charger??