Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 16:16
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 225/225/145 Female 66 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Smile intro from a newbie..is that an oxymoron?

hello, what a wonderful site you all have here. i have spent the last couple of hours just roaming the site and recipes and reading a few posts. i am so glad i found this place. i am so tired of being overweight and by myself in this and am really in need of being able to be open and connected with others traveling the same path. i am 49 turning 50 later this month. ack! i have problems with my thyroid (hypo), an ex smoker for over 3 1/2 years now and really want to lose about 70 pounds.

i tried the low carb diet several years ago and was fairly successful till summer hit and the fruit hit the stand. i never did control the sweet cravings like some seem to do. and watermelon is my favorite food..but i want to lose the weight and realize this was the only path that was ever successful for me. and i want to make that committment to losing it and need a place top come and talk with others. i hope i can be of help to others on their path also.
Sponsored Links