Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: Zone/Atkins
Stats: 138/130/125
BF:?/20%/?
Progress: 62%
Default Fitday Net Carbs

I noticed when I entered a New Custom Food on Fitday that it didn't figure the Net Carbs for me. The food I entered had 7 grams of Carbohydrates and 4 grams of Fiber but when it came up on my chart, it showed the 7 grams of Carbs instead of 3. Am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 08:13
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Nope, you are not doing anything wrong. Fitday doesn't give you net carbs. On the main food page-you will see total carbs you have eaten and under that the fiber for your day. You have to subtract it out yourself. I usually eat 47-52 TOTAL carbs a day, but there is also around 11g of fiber or so. Make sure you input the fiber grams in the custom menu!

Last edited by Paleoanth : Tue, Feb-25-03 at 08:14.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 09:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%

Fitday is great, yet annoying.

How do I add in my homemade soup? Just pick something that is close? Well, I''ve never heard of my soup before.

3 cups diced turkey
8 slices of broken up ham
1/2 cup mushrooms
3 cans seasoned chicken broth
1 pint of whole cream
1/2 stick butter
6 slices of swiss cheese
1/4 cup parmesean cheese
1/2 stick cracker barrel cheddar
1 whole onion

I was going to add all that in, but thought it best not to.

If you are wondering about the carb content of that soup, well, I have no numbers to offer. It was pretty low. I tihnk 20 for the entire batch, which was 8 bowls of soup...

Oh, 3 people tasted my soup. Average grade was 8 out of 10. If you want to take it a step better, only use 2.5 cans of broth.

TomC
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:59

Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%

I've been playing around with fitday and you have to find a similiar item and customize it (you can change the name, size and information). Sometimes you have to work with the amounts of everything, I usually try and get the calaries and the carbs right and if I have to play around with the other amounts to get it right then I can. If I have the item near by where I can enter in the exact amounts of everythig from the product then its perfect.

As for a whole new recipe, this may be a little difficult. Get a piece of paper and write down the information on each item, add us and divide by servings. Enter it in New custom foods. Sometimes it time consuming but once you have your regular food it really works like a charm.

I've been keepinga journal since I started, but now I enter in the foods on the computer and its wonderful. Especially when my counts in my journal are alittle off. (I do notice sometimes on the label of the product you use - is different from what they say) but then you go in and adjust their item.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 13:45

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hello, yes I too get a little fustrated with FItday, like Tofu for instance, they measure it by a slice I go by cup or grams.
LIke what size of a slice,

I know they are a freebee, but something went wrong with my password, so I clicked on forgot P.W. it said it would email me........ never happened ! so 5 days later or so, I just re-registered, and sure enough had to choose a different name as my old one is still showing.

It took so long to enter my menu, think I'll stick to my paper Journal and Atkins list and carb counter.
Cheers Kathy
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 14:25
Registered Member

Stats: 210/158/170 Male 5" 8.5
BF:
Progress: 130%

So Fitday doesn't stubtract the Fibre. That means that if it says I'm at 20 grams of carbs....I'm realy really under 20 grams? Is that correct?

Last edited by oakejs : Tue, Feb-25-03 at 20:50.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 14:31
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

For recipes that I use often... I go to the next day (a clean day) and put in all the ingredients. Then I click on new custom food and use all the daily totals at the top (that is what the total of the recipe adds up to).

Then I delete all of it and the new food remains for my use whenever I cook or have it again.