Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 13:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/166/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Angry Mood swings???

I've been LCing for two weeks now and everything is going great except for one annoying thing. I've been having HORRIBLE mood swings lately. It's like I have PMS, but tom isn't until 2/21. I'm not on BCPs due to severe migraine headaches, and the way things are going, I have a feeling that my period will show up very early. I've read the threads on that being a side effect of LCing, but are the mood swings also a side effect? I swear, it's like bad PMS, but it's way too early. UGH.

On a better note, I've finished induction and managed to lose 7lbs during the two weeks. This is more that I ever lost on months of WW or any other diet! Getting on the scale is my inspiration to keep going. I love getting on it and seeing that the Woosh Fairy has paid me a visit.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 15:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Mood swings arent uncommon and one reason is....we arent getting the carbs we used to feed the serotonin levels in our brains. I still have them from time to time and when I do if I up my carbs a bit I notice I have a much more pleasant attitude..lol Something else to try is extra magnesium. It can help to lift your bad mood.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 03:05

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Cool Okay, so I'm weird.

I must be the real oddball. I *used* to have horrible mood swings, but as soon as I was a few days into this WOL, they vanished. Mine weren't TOM-related, they were *carb* related. In retrospect, I think they went hand-in-hand with my consuming large amounts of carbs--whether that was candy, bread, pasta, whatever. The crash brought a mood swing with it, or so it seems now.

All I know is, on the whole I'm a *much* more pleasant person to be around these days.