Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/205/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry F~#k me I gained a pound!

I am so tempted to quit right now! It's only day three of strict induction since I binged on carbs, and maybe my body is not in ketosis yet, and maybe I'm gaining muscle mass or something, but I have yet to see any results on this diet, and I am nearly ready to give it up!. Why would I gain a pound? I've been eating nothing but meat, eggs, and lettuce and drinking a gallon of water a day. I'm giving it a few more days, then I am going to quit and start eating pie.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 13:52

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Looking at your journal, it looks like you are consuming some really salty items there. Try cutting out the vienna and other sausages to see if that helps?

It is impossible to gain a pound of fat consuming less than the amount of food you are taking in. It's probably water retention from the processed meats. There is a reason why Dr A says stay away from processed foods.

Salt, nitrates and sugars in processed foods are a diet killer.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 13:53

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Before you head to the bakery take a few minutes and read this:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=35417

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 14:01

BF:
Default Thanks!

Thanks you guys. I will cut down on the processed meats. I have a question about the Norma-June french toast recipe made with pork rinds. It has gotten rave reviews, so I would like to try it. Is it ok to eat during induction?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 14:06
Pending Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 186/150/135
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Don't eat that pie!!!

Don't give up!! I know it's hard when you don't see things moving quickly. I remember when I first began. The scale didn't move for a long time, but the inches did.

I've been pretty much off the plan since Thanksgiving, and to tell you the truth, I'm finding it difficult to get back on the program. Not blowing it, but not losing quickly either. Got that last 10 pounds to go... probably the hardest to get rid of, too.

Don't eat that pie!!

Hugs
Shirley
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 14:09

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Honestly about the french toast.....I would wait until after induction. Why?

Because of the 1/4c heavy cream and splenda sweeteners. That much cream is okay after induction, but while on induction try to keep things simple to break the carbohydrate addiction.

After you make it through the first two weeks you can start adding some carbs back in.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 14:14

BF:

Thank you very much and good luck on losing your last ten pounds, Shirley.

Agonycat, I will stick with eggs for the next couple of weeks. Thank you for the advice. I will also follow the advice about cutting down on salt. I did have three of those little breakfast sausages this morning (2 carbs total, according to the label) but I will not eat processed foods for the rest of the day.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 16:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/219/140
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hang in there. I had a stall for aobut a week and a half but it seems to be moving again. Where do I find the french toast out of pork rinds..??? I looked in the recipes and did not see it..Ellen
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 17:40

BF:
Lightbulb There is hope

I feel better now that I tested with a Ketostick and it came out positive. Apparently I am on my way. I am going to have a juicy tri tip steak for dinner with some asparagus sauteed in butter. Yum.

About the french toast, if you go to recipies on the orange bar, there is a link for user recipies. Click on that, then go to breakfast, and you should find it.

I pasted the link:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/rrecipe012.html