Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 17:45
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default Weekend BFL Check-in - 10/24/03

Wow, can you believe that another week has gone by. So how was your BFL week? What week are you in now? Did you get in all your workouts? Did you enjoy them?

Last week I reported that I had a bad week and this week was a little better, but not much. But that does it. There is no way that I'm going to be reporting the same thing here next week. I'm putting BFL back to a high priority like I had it before. Next week I'm going back to doing it by the book.

On an off topic subject..... I swear my hamstrings hurt more from starting yoga than from doing weights. Does anyone know a good yoga forum?

Thanks and I hope you all had a good week,
Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 18:52

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Well this week has gone well. I've made it in all 5 days so far. Am going to take tomorrow as my free day on food and working out. I did well eating wise too. The week flew by...almost seem like I didn't have time to think about eating bad! I'm not even craving anything for my free day...I'm sure I'll find something though.

Arnie,
I do a lot of yoga stretches after I workout. Don't make it to class very often anymore (I'm an ashtanga fan). My flexibility has increased by an amazing amount...maybe it's b/c I'm working out almost every day now so I'm stretching every day. I love it though! A great site I've learned a lot from is yogajournal.com. They have a cool weekly newsletter and lots of info about dif poses. Have fun!

--Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 20:47

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

My parents bought me a gym membership for my birthday!

Luckily, the gym is just across the street from my job. So, I went there after work 4 times this week (not 5 b/c of dr.'s appt.) and I feel great! Even though I don't think I'm officially starting my challenge yet, I'm following the plan layout and it's working great. It just feels nice to be in a gym again!

I'm aiming for 5 days next week.

T
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 21:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

Did 20 MAS twice and on target this week...

however my ubwo and lbwo need to work on those...

Have a great weekend...

Korry
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 07:52
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi All:

I'm completing week 7 and still haven't missed a workout. However, I'm on my 18th consecutive day without a decent night's sleep. My body's wearing down and my workouts are pretty poopy right now. I don't feel invigorated like I did early on. I hope the sleeplessness will only last another week and then I can get back on track. I'm really proud of myself for getting these workouts in. It would be so easy right now to justify skipping them.

I've decided to start taking weekly pictures to document this journey since I'm not seeing any results in measurements, or weight/BF loss after 7 weeks. But I'm noticing changes in muscle tone, so the pictures help inspire me. Thanks Titania for posting that link, which gave me the idea.

Food plan's been great. No cheats, no hunger, no boredom. All is well.

Wanda
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 08:15
Get’n Skinny

Plan: BFL
Stats: 255/211/190 Male 73  (6'1")
BF:40%/30%/lower
Progress: 68%

AJ and I had a great week. We finished all our workouts without any problems. Except my quads are still kill’in me from Wednesdays workout (I switched to hack squats). Is there something magical about the last quarter of BFL? Both of us have dropped several pounds and we are always looking forward to the next workout.
Cindy, the first couple of weeks on this challenge, I was always dreaming about my free day (and blueberry pancakes w/ real maple syrup), but now, I too have no cravings. I guess once you start treating your body right, it only wants good things.

We have 3 weeks to go until picture day. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on tanning and hair removal? (AJ’s going to be dancing in the streets… I’m going to shave my beard after 17 years of her telling me to get rid of it…)

I hope everyone else had a good week… next week we start ab boot camp (Nat, thanks for the pointer). I’ll let you all know how it goes….

-Dave
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 13:38
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'm on vacation visiting relatives. I did do a small jog yesterday in the morning, and some pilates, but I missed my upper body workout. There are some weights here, but not mine so I was hesatant to use them

Today we woke up late so I missed my jog. I did get in some nice stretches though before being interupted. I am trying to remain eating LC, it just seems like I'm eating more :P Portion control isn't as great

This morning my size 5's fit better then ever, so I wasn't to worried. It's after lunch though and they are a bit snug. We are going out to celebrate 3 birthdays tonight. I know I can stay LC, but there may be a few drinks had.

Rest of week was good though. I made my lifting, and I'm really working on my goal of jogging every morning.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 15:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

HI All, I haven't missed a workout since starting and I am on my 5th week, 2nd challenge. I have been tweeking my eating plan a little and reducing my carbs. I really don't know if it has helped.

Titania, congratulations on the gym membership & Happy Birthday!

Piano
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 13:56

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks Piano for the congrats! I've been so excited to go to the gym every day, that I'm hoping it's not a novelty issue that will wear off. But, I'm already starting to feel better, so that is definitely motivation in itself. I just have to work on feeling more comfortable in the gym. There's a lot of machines I won't approach b/c I don't know how to use them.

Wanda - That site is such an inspiration for me too. I check in every once in a while to look at her pictures and read some of her diary entries...have gotten some pretty good ideas. I might start taking weekly pictures, too. Wouldn't hurt anything....

Doing great guys!

T