Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 06:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/235/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:
Angry Haven't lost a pound

I am on day 7 of my 14 day induction and I have not lost a pound. I have followed the diet exactly as the book tells me too. Is there something wrong with me?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 06:32
Contributing Member

Stats: 230/209/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Do you exercise? I can't lose an ounce if I don't exercise. Read all the advice. People have some good ideas here. goodluck.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 06:45

BF:
Progress:

I have picked up on my walking. Maybe I should add more then just that. I do know that I am in prime KETONE and now is the time to step it up, so thank you for responding
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 07:01
Registered Member

Stats: 217/191.4/150 Female 67 inches
BF:43%/42%
Progress: 38%

Be patient and stick with it. If you're in ketosis you should start to get results soon!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 12:30
Registered Member

Stats: 139/138/135 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 25%

I am new too! There is nothing wrong with you or me. It is just a new way of eating. Make sure you double check you carb calc's. Give your body some time to adjust to the new way of eating. Remember diet soda and splenda have carbs, and try and stay way from the low carb bars and shakes they will do you only harm during induction. Drink plenty of water and exercise. Track what you are eating and cut out stuff that you think may be keeping you from going into ketosis. I had to stop my diet soda and Advantage Bars and increase my water.
I know how disapointing it is not to loose, but look at from this view, you did not gain. Good Luck and keep your spirits up! Mary
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 13:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

If you haven't already, go to www.fitday.com and register (it's free). Use this to keep track of EVERYTHING you eat for a few days, and then post it. Perhaps we'll see something.

Some tips you've probably already been aware of, but just in case: drink tons of water! No more than 4 oz of cheese a day. Limit artificial sweeteners as much as possible. Stay away from bars, shakes, and food that's marketed as "low carb" - eat only whole, healthy foods. Make sure you get plenty of fat in and that most of your carbs come from nutrient-rich veggies.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 13:26
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Just a small point..diet soda doesn't have any carbs, packets of sweetener DO have almost a full gram of carbs each due to the fillers. So where you don't have to count diet soda, you DO have to count each packet of sweetener. That being said, I lose a LOT better without artificial sweeteners altogether.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 14:05
Registered Member

Stats: 203/185/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 42%

Check your inches...a lot of times, (especially if you are working out, remember muscles weigh more than fat) your lbs. won't go down, so keep record of your inches!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 14:31

BF:
Progress:

Thank you for all of your responses, but I'm confused about 1 thing. I have been eating a lot of cheese because the book said it was a "free" food. Maybe that is why I have not lost anything?
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 14:40

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

Cheese is not a free food

You are limited to 4 oz a day at most, try cutting that right down and you'll see results.