Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Haven't lost a pound (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161708)

Catalpa Fri, Jan-23-04 06:05

Haven't lost a pound

I am on day 7 of my 14 day induction and I have not lost a pound. I have followed the diet exactly as the book tells me too. Is there something wrong with me?

perbain Fri, Jan-23-04 06:32

Do you exercise? I can't lose an ounce if I don't exercise. Read all the advice. People have some good ideas here. goodluck.

Catalpa Fri, Jan-23-04 06:45

I have picked up on my walking. Maybe I should add more then just that. I do know that I am in prime KETONE and now is the time to step it up, so thank you for responding

nrsratchet Fri, Jan-23-04 07:01

Be patient and stick with it. If you're in ketosis you should start to get results soon!

wmolp Fri, Jan-23-04 12:30

I am new too! There is nothing wrong with you or me. It is just a new way of eating. Make sure you double check you carb calc's. Give your body some time to adjust to the new way of eating. Remember diet soda and splenda have carbs, and try and stay way from the low carb bars and shakes they will do you only harm during induction. Drink plenty of water and exercise. Track what you are eating and cut out stuff that you think may be keeping you from going into ketosis. I had to stop my diet soda and Advantage Bars and increase my water.
I know how disapointing it is not to loose, but look at from this view, you did not gain. Good Luck and keep your spirits up! Mary

suzanneM Fri, Jan-23-04 13:12

If you haven't already, go to www.fitday.com and register (it's free). Use this to keep track of EVERYTHING you eat for a few days, and then post it. Perhaps we'll see something.

Some tips you've probably already been aware of, but just in case: drink tons of water! No more than 4 oz of cheese a day. Limit artificial sweeteners as much as possible. Stay away from bars, shakes, and food that's marketed as "low carb" - eat only whole, healthy foods. Make sure you get plenty of fat in and that most of your carbs come from nutrient-rich veggies.

potatofree Fri, Jan-23-04 13:26

Just a small point..diet soda doesn't have any carbs, packets of sweetener DO have almost a full gram of carbs each due to the fillers. So where you don't have to count diet soda, you DO have to count each packet of sweetener. That being said, I lose a LOT better without artificial sweeteners altogether.

AirForce2B Fri, Jan-23-04 14:05

Check your inches...a lot of times, (especially if you are working out, remember muscles weigh more than fat) your lbs. won't go down, so keep record of your inches!!!

Catalpa Fri, Jan-23-04 14:31

Thank you for all of your responses, but I'm confused about 1 thing. I have been eating a lot of cheese because the book said it was a "free" food. Maybe that is why I have not lost anything?

2Airedales Fri, Jan-23-04 14:40

Cheese is not a free food

You are limited to 4 oz a day at most, try cutting that right down and you'll see results.