Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 16:51

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 285/274/150 Female 5'9"
BF:?????
Progress: 8%
Default Help I've fallen off the wagon & need help

Hi,
My name is Holly and I have fallen off the wagon for 3 weeks now and I am soo miserable. I really need a buddy to help me keep accountable and be tough when I need it as well as happy when I do well. I will return the favor to all who will help me. I was doing so well and now I am up 10 pounds and I feel so tired and I can't seem to stop eating. My buddy that I started this journey has abanded me. If you can help please write back. Thanks Holly
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 21:04
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Hey, Holly--

I won't yell (have to do that to much with students who don't think a due date has anything to do with them!) but I'll be glad to cheer you on and encourage you! Come on, girl, you can do it! You've already proven that you can lose 30 pounds in 4 months! So--come join me in the induction challenge (we decided to extend it) and get back on the WOE we both know is the best!

Jude
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 07:43

HEy Jude,
Thanks I needed that cheering up this morning. I'm up for the challenge to go to intro. I really did feel better there any way. Ok this morning I'm back on track. Let me know how you are doing. I'll check in later tonight or in the morning. Thanks again for the cheers. Your LC Buddy HOlly
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 22:06
I'll get there yet!

Hey, Hol,

This was indeed one of THOSE days. Hospitality Sunday (read: donuts and bagels, coffee and orange juice) at church today--and I had to go to the hall because it was also the one day this month to sign up for a weekend retreat next February, and said retreat usually fills up more or less instantly. Then off to a 50th birthday party (complete with bbq chicken, bbq brisket, potato salad, black beans, and cake). THEN to dinner with my sister, who was in town for the day...we went to the local cajun restaurant. Let's just say this was NOT even close to a low carb day. So, back on induction tomorrow! (Luckily I have some eggs for breakfast!)
So--how ya doing?

Jude
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 22:22

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 285/245/180 Female 68
BF:OMG
Progress: 38%

Hi Hol,

The great thing about wagons....you can climb back up. We just hope we don't hurt ourselves tooooo much when we fall!!!!

You're doing great. Just think how gorgeous you'll be by your birthday....which btw is also MY birthday!!!!!

Have a good Monday, and I'll look forward to hearing from 'ya.

---Cathy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 10:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/189/158 Female 5'8
BF:
Thumbs up You can do it!!!

Hol,

Oh boy, have I been off that wagon, I think we all have. I began the Atkins plan in July 2000 at 262, lost 52 lbs and talked myself into getting off the wagon. I told myself that I was happy with the size 16. Well, now the 16's are worn out and I decided in July of this year that it was time for a new size, not a new pair, so I'm back.

It's a lot harder the second time, the weight goes slower. Find what works for you. What I've found is carrying a journal everywhere I go. I keep track of every carb, every glass of water, my weight (though I have gone to weighing every two weeks to keep from getting dicouraged), my measurements, and how I feel everyday. No one else reads my journal, so I can write how I feel and be honest with myself. This has been the best change I've made. Also, I have found some great recipes to keep me going (it REALLY helps to have variety). There are several web sites that have low carb recipes.

I have only been with the forum since Aug. I don't have a buddy yet and would be glad to be yours.

Good luck!!!!

...and Until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

PS...GO CUBS!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 14:49

Hi all,
Thanks Jude for sharing your day. I had been having Sundays be my treat day only one on these days.

But now I have taken the CHALLENGE NO cheat for 7 weeks and on intro. I started today. So far so good I have been praying that God would help me and I have to remember that Jesus was tempted and did not give in and I know that with all of you I can too do it.

Thanks Cathy for the support. We have a great day in common. Is you can tell with the name Holly my mom went with the Christmas theme. I look forward to having you as a Buddy also.

Yo70SAM3,
Thank you for sharing about your journey. I have decided to do a diet journal and thought it may help with any problems that may arrise. We just came back from vacation in Aug. from Montana. My hubby is in Colorado now hunting and wants to move to Montana. We have been surfing the net for job listings. Nothing has came up yet. I really loved it out there. I was my first time out there. He had been there several times hunting. One of us needs a job before making such a large leap. All of our family is here in Michigan. I would love to have you as a Buddy. Do you have a name?

Until we write again. Keep up the good work. Holly
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 20:02
I'll get there yet!

Hol,

Trust me, that message about yesterday WASN'T a boast; I try hard not to overindulge! LOL!

Anyway--off to Armadillo Willy's "All the ribs you can eat" Monday feed... Take care.

Jude
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 11:15

BF:
Talking

Hol,

My name is Sam (short for Samantha). Jobs (at least good paying ones) are hard to come by up here. Have either of you looked into Dept of Homeland Security positions? They are hiring on the Northern Border and pay pretty well (starting at GS5/7, increasing every year until GS11). Good luck on you search, and I will keep an eye out. Let me know what you are looking for.

The 7 weeks No Cheat is a great idea. I have found recipes that feel like you ARE cheating, but you're not. Here are a few web sites you might want to check out...

www.lowcarbluxury.com

http://www.camacdonald.com/lc/LowCa...ing-Recipes.htm

I highly recommend the parmesan chicken (made with crushed pork rinds). Also, the meat crust pizza is great and if you make it cheese pizza, your carbs are at about 4g (adding some toppings will increase the carbs, but you are getting a pretty big slice).

Good luck and keep in touch. Have a great day!

-Irish blessing
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 21:15

Hi All,
Well I have made it thru 2 days and boy do I feel good. I even lost 1 pound today. Thanks for the lookout Sam. I am a Lic Vet Tech. and your state is not Lic. I am looking for a State job as the pay is uaually good. The hubby is a supervisor at a transit bus plant. So for him it will be harder. But thanks for keeping an eye out for me.
Hope you all are doing well. I took the Dec 31 HardKore challege. I must of been crazy. But here I go my goal is 26-39# by the first of the year.
It's late I'll check in soon. Keep on keeping on.
Holly
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 22:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279/260/200 Female 5foot 6inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hey Holly,
We're kinda in the same boat.I was doing so good.Lost 37 pounds,but now i'm losing motivation,and finding it easier and easier to cheat.I will gladly try to help you out.I need the help too.
Gina
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 07:57

BF:
Wink

Gina...

Wanna feel like you're cheating, but not, try this....

1/2 cup butter softened (not melted)
18 packets of Splenda
2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
Cool Whip

Cream butter and sweetner. Melt chocolate and blend into butter/sweetner mixture when cooled. Stir in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. With an electric mixer, beat 5 minutes after adding each egg (total 10 minutes), this is important, so set your timer.

Place mixture in 4 custard (or similar) bowls, top with 1-2 tablespoons cool whip.

This treat is about 6g carbs per bowl (less if you don't use a lot of cool whip)

It's a great treat and it really feels like cheating. Just watch your carb count for the day to stay under 20.

The web sites I listed above are great. There are several low carb, great tasting recipes that help you to feel like you're eating normal.

Good luck to all!!!

-Irish blessing

GO CUBS!!!
Sam
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 20:52

Gina welcome I would love to help you too. I have lost another 1# and I am thrilled. I want to be down 26-30 # but the Jan. 1st. I have joined hardkore. It was what I needed. I have played this game of eatting just the right amount of carb so that I would not gain and then all of a suddon wham it caught up with me. Just think that you lost 37# of what ever to help put it visually in your mind. I use icky fat drippings. When I think of that it makes me feel like I don't want that back on me again. Let me know how you are doing.

Sam thanks for the website and the recipes I have to give them a try. I get tired of the same old stuff also. I found icecream made with splenda and my mom who is a daibetic tried it and it did not raise her blood sugar. She has to take it 4-6 times per day. I don't remember how many carbs but she said it was low. If you have any more suggestions please pass them along.
Keep on doing a great job all!!
Holly
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:47

BF:
Talking

Good Morning...I hope everyone is well.

I just wanted to let everyone know that those recipes I mentioned are great, but I found that since trying a few, I have only lost 2 lbs and NO additional inches. I checked my journal over the last 2 months and relized that even though I keep my carb level below 20 grams a day, I had went from 5-8 a day to 15-18 a day with these recipes. I know different things work for different people, but I just wanted to let everyone know to keep track of your progress while adding new foods. At least I know I'll have great recipes for when I've reached my goal.

To get back on track I've begun the induction for the next two weeks. Cross your fingers.

Have a great day!!
-Irish blessing

GO CUBS!!! (I know it's over for them this year, but hey, we'll get 'em next year)
Sam
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 19:43

Sam, How are you doing? I did intro and am still on it I joined the HardKore and I hope to be down 26 lbs. before the first of the year. I will be here for you. It has helped me alot this last 2 weeks to do a food and diet journal. I also put in it any personal struggles, bible verses that God lead me to or that touched me, and if I exercised or not, if I think I need to work on any thing. etc. It sure has helped me. I am not a journal person so this is a challange for me.
Gina and Jude where are you? Hope that you are doing ok. Let us know.
Holly