Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 16:47

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/217/140
BF:
Progress: 27%
Talking Newbie intro

I'm new to the boards, and decided this is the place I need to be! About me.... I started my weight loss journey February 24th at 245lbs with slim-fast, a gym membership, and counting my calories....After a week, I spent two weeks in bed with pneumonia (not diet related of course)...and of course did not diet or exercise those two weeks.... By March 31st I had lost 20 pounds. After three more weeks of no loss....being hungry ALL the time...I remembered my protein power book that I'd read 6 years earlier, and began my low carb change on April 14th. Since then I have lost another 8 pounds....I feel great...and I'm NOT hungry! I'm now at 218lbs. I'm aiming for somewhere between 135-145.

I spend 1-2 hours in the gym at LEAST 3 days per week, and normally 5 days a week, and I LOVE it! I hate the days I have to miss.

I'm looking forward to meeting others facing the same big loss as me. I'm anxious to learn all the tricks!
GettinThin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 20:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Welcome Gettinthin!

It's sounds like you're doing great! I started with the basic starvation diet too, and this WOE is so much more satisfying!

It's great that you're so committed to exercising. That will surely help you. I struggle to get to the gym 3 times a week, so I can't imagine doing 5

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 20:32
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Welcome Gettinthin,

It sounds like you are doing great! The combination of lowcarbing and exercise works wonders for most of us.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 20:35

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome to the forum! My target weights and start weights are very similiar to yours. How did you pick your goal? Mine was... "Hmmm... 140 sounds about right" At first the doctor didn't agree (when I was 242) but this last visit when I was 172, she told me that she though it would be doable, but to watch it.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 22:17

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/217/140
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thanks for the welcomes!! Nice to know you all are here, and actually reading this stuff!

Talon....I picked my goal based on former weight.... When my husband and I met 10 years ago, I was an incredibly THIN 120. Sad thing is...I thought I was FAT...and never enjoyed being thin. I had been in an abusive relationship and lost quite a bit of weight, not trying, just from the stress.

Once I met my dh...he loved feeding me! OH one ice cream won't hurt you he'd say...but I kept telling him...but one everyday WILL! There's a fat person in here just dying to get out! Now he believes me!

I think 120 is out of the question....age difference, had a child, MUCH bigger boobs, and I really did look too thin then....so I figure 140 should be about right! ( I DO hope these boobs get smaller!)LOL!
GettinThin
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 08:53

Plan: SP/Atkins hybrid
Stats: 224/192/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Welcome GettinThin!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 10:42

Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

Welcome Gettinthin, I sounds like you're doing great! You'll probably lose some on the bust. sigh!
I didn't have that much to lose there and it was the one of the first places it come off. Anyway Hi!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 08:47

Stats: 278/204/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

NOT being hungry has to be the greatest part of this WOE . I love that I have control again. Best to you on your journey.