Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 16:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry Messed Up!!!!

I messed up today at lunch I had a big salad at lunch with a client...I'm very frustrated and don't know where to go from here. Does it all start over? How do I eat tonight? Somebody give me some advice please I really appreciate it
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 16:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/166.0/140 Female 5'9"/174cm
BF:30.4/30.4/25?
Progress: 32%

A salad is allowed - or was something "illegal" in it - like croutons or low-fat dressing for example?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 17:04

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Monroe!

What was in the salad? I have a salad of some sort every day for lunch...sometimes for supper too!

You are allowed salad...lettuce, cucumber, other veggies. And you're allowed regular, high fat dressing. Croutons are not allowed, but if that's where you messed up, it's not that bad!

Have you been using Fitday to record your intake? (www.fitday.com) it's a very helpful program....and it's free! You enter the amounts of foods you've eaten and it calculates fat, protein, carbs, calories, etc.

Now...about that salad....if you're worried because it was too big...don't. Many here will eat more lettuce and other veggies than is allowed....just be sure to calculate the extra carbs. If you're going to splurge, salad/veggies are the best thing to do it with. (Seems to me Dr A says that too....but I don't have my book with me right now)

If you're worried because you ate the croutons, or bread, or something that is NOT allowed...chill out! Simply go back on the plan and try again! Induction is supposed to be a minimum of 2 weeks....2 weeks of no cheats ....but it can take longer!

A lot of people have trouble with induction. It's pretty strict, and for a lot of us it's a major change from how we've been eating. Taking a client out can be especially tough. Don't beat yourself up. What happened is over and there's nothing you can do to change it. BUT you can get right back on the plan and start over again!

Remember the old saying? "If at first you don't succeed, try try again!"

Just continue on with the plan and try to stick with it better. I'd consider tomorrow day 1 (again)....but that doesn't mean you should be and splurge tonight!

Good luck!

Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 17:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/115
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks guys for the advice. I guess that I've just got myself thinking that this whole induction process is just do or die...either you get it right the first time or you don't at all. This forum is really great to get the answers you need. I really appreciate the feedback...alright everyone I am back on the plan let's roll
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 17:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/166.0/140 Female 5'9"/174cm
BF:30.4/30.4/25?
Progress: 32%

Monroe,

it may help you to check the <a href="http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2001/12/15-325810.html">Rules of Induction<A>:

There's also a link in there to a list of all the allowed foods.

Happy eating.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 18:16

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268/218/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

If you're this worried about eating a big salad..what's gonna happen when you slip (and you will) and have a piece of bread??

Calm down..I ate a ton of salad every day on induction..you are allowed 3 cups...take the advice and re-read 'rules of induction' and 'acceptable foods'...take a deep breath..and you will be fine
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 18:17

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I think perhaps reading a book might help you understand exactly what it is you are suppose to be eating and doing during the process of this diet.

Might I suggest "Dr Atkin's New Diet Revolution" to start out with. It's a really great book. Goes into details about what to eat, what to do after the two weeks of induction are up and what to do once you hit your goal weight!

It even has recipes in it! You can either buy it for about 6 bucks or check your local library for a copy.