Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 11:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Boo hoo, I've got the flu...

OK, enough with the cute stuff.

Like a fool, I procrastinated on the flu shot this year till too late and yep, got the flu. Hit me like a freight train late yesterday afternoon--the nagging scratchy throat from the time I woke turned into a full-blown snarfy congestion magnet, fever, icky feeling, shivering then burning, etc etc.

I'm still running the fever this morning, still coping with the gunky congestion, but feeling better. Admittedly, my sole activity today besides naps and computer browsing will be driving to the local airport to pick up my DH from a business trip--not exactly a challenging day. But I noticed something weird. It usually takes me DAYS to reach this point with the flu (the point where I know the worst is over.) The only thing really differentin my life is the LC. So is there anyone else who has noticed this--that you recover faster from being sick? Is it the vitamins? Is it because I'm exercising more? Is it because my body's not fighting the cruddy white flour/sugar effects? Is it a combination? I'm interested in whether others have noticed this.

Best wishes,
Nancy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 12:13
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Hi Nancy!

I'm glad you are feeling better! I have noticed the same thing....I had only one minor cold in over a year, normally it would be at least three. It was strangely 'nice' and short too....never experienced this before.
I'm absolutely sure it is an effect of LC. We are stronger!

Take care

Alina
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 12:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/194/150 Female 70 inches
BF:?/34%/25%
Progress: 8%

see i found the oppisate (spelling) to be true i have had 3 cold this winter i usally only get 1 ( i live in california so it has not been that cold) and i felt wosre for longer and a few times had to resort to a normal full suger candy bar to stop the horrible shakes and confusion i got.
anyway i am glad your are short but mine are worse!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 13:42

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

I have found that since going lc I have been healthier with fewer colds etc than normal. I also got the flu just before Christmas and it was much milder than everyone around me and I got over it quicker. I think it is a combination of the vitamins and overall healthier eatting habits. All those veggies!
Marie