Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 13:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default 31!!

31 isnt dreaful..I am going to turn 38 this year..I cant believe it..but, I feel better today than I have in a long time!!

Gotta try those ab exercises..they sound painful..
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 16:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

Welcome, Thinknthin!! Hey, you are 5'11"! You don't sound like you have very far to go, considering how tall you are! You should look great this summer in the bikini! Tall people always do.

Sunshine, if I have the energy after the ab thing Shannon suggested, I am going to do that new exercise too. It sounds killer, but it should get some results! If I keep this up, I am going to have to plan 2 hours for my workout, instead of just one! I guess it will all be worth it, though!!

Hugs, Tama
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:17
Registered Member

Stats: 165/159.6/145
BF:
Progress: 27%
Red face bikini blues

i like being on the thinner side you couldsay..because people are always saying how "BIG" i am...i hate the word big. UGG!
how tall are you....to put it in prospective...i weighed135 in august,worked at a very stressful job, 60 hrs a week, at a 100mph. my husband encouraged me to go elsewhere even though the pay is less. anyway i gained 30 lbs in 4 mths. went to the doctor, they sd i have a very slow metabolism now and to exercise. i added it up on day i was eating like 200 g of carbs a day...i guess my old job kept me going so crazy the stress burned it off... i went from a 5/6 to a 9/10. i want to be a 7/8..in the middle. 135 was thin and 165 is too NOT thin. 145 is kinda middle of the road. so far seems good day 4, lost 2.5 lbs and pee pee'd on a ketone strip and it was PINK!!!finally, the last 3 days it was no ketones at all...now it shows a lot....have you tried them?
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 15:46

BF:

No, I can't say that I have tried the strips. They remind me too much of a pregnancy test . But congrats on being in ketosis! That's always good news.

I guess I understand about the height thing. Personally, I am 5'8". So can't relate firsthand, but my best friend is 6 foot and she is constantly hearing how "huge" she is. And she isn't overweight at all. I still maintain that taller people look the best in bikinis - so you have that to look forward to!

Sounds like you have made a major lifestyle change - good for you! Keep it up and visit the forum whenever you need a boost of encouragement. This place is awesome.

Hugs, Tama
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 16:24
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

thanks for the encouragement!!! keep me posted and happy no carb eating....i am having a big fat carbless salad for dinner while my husband eats a big carbfull thick crust pizza for dinner....
life can be so unfair ...hee hee hee...
chat at ya later!
p.s. i wuv the quote you submit with your email...i copied it and gave it to a friend i work with on the same diet...we are out the door as we speak for our 3.5 mile cruise!!!
nite...nite
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 16:26
Registered Member

BF:
Talking lauraW 31

yeah 31 isnt that tough....38 sounds the same to me...it is the scale that everyly increase with age that i refuse to accept!!
but thanks for the encouragement!!
chat later...nite nite
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 17:10

BF:
Default THUMP!

That was the sound that the new JC Penney catalog made as it arrived at my front door today. I went straight to the swimsuit section. My goodness, is there any chance I can look like that? I know those pictures are retouched, but still, I don't know if all of my parts are in the right places any more . There is a huge selection, and so many beautiful suits, how does one choose?

Heck, if I get my body looking half as good as those models, I might not even bother with the suit at all! Here I am world! See me, Love me!

Hugs to all,
Tama
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 07:30

Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%

31 is tough! You're not '29 and a bit' anymore- you're officially 'in your thirties!'. You must have gotten ues to that at 38! Just wait till you're 41- then you'll see!

Tama- good luck to you, just be careful. That sand can get everywhere!

Take care

Daisy

#54   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 11:08
Registered Member

BF:
Talking jc penney....

hey daisy and tama....i am still laughing at the jc penney catalog comments....thats too funny also i think the sand everywhere is even funnier...haa haa haa ...i havent even imagined that dirty word called "BIKINI" i cant even image coming out of the dressing room...much less in public on a beach or by a pool..holy hotdogs...i am getting quezy already! yikes

I was wondering if you guys work out too and do you take your inches measurements. i havent lost but 2.5 lbs in going on 5 days but my clothes look and feel much better.

i walk 3+ miles a nite/ 5 days a week/ and started in a gym after the walk about 2 days ago..doing sit ups, lite weigts with the arms and the rowing machine. someone please tell me this will eventually work !

food for thought: last nite while i was munching on my low carb salad my husband ate an entire dijorno (spelling?) pizza...i looked at it and 1/6 (a slice) had 46g of carbs...thats 276g of carbo's total. he makes me want to SCREAM if you're wondering ? yes he is fit and trim....sorry dog!!!...i probably gained a pound looking at it/ or 2 pounds smelling it..ha ha ha ha

catch ya later guys...happy low carbing it!!
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 14:41

BF:

Hey, Thinknthin! Yes I work out, I do the Tae-bo advanced tape (60 min.) pretty regularly. It works really well for me. I took my measurements a while back. Probably won't again for a little while, I like to wait a long time in between. Then my losses are higher when I do measure. Whatever motivates you!

I have a husband just like yours. Life is so unfair! We have to have the babies AND the low metabolism! I have such a bone to pick with the man upstairs when I die!

Hugs, tama
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 14:58
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default measurements

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thinknthin
I was wondering if you guys work out too and do you take your inches measurements. i havent lost but 2.5 lbs in going on 5 days but my clothes look and feel much better.

Well, if you read my journal, you will see how terribly frustrated I have been at my sloooooooooow, turtle crawling, snail moving weight loss. But I was measured last night, and although the scales are not showing a loss but only 1/2 pound, the inches are falling off. I've lost a total of 6 1/2" since December 28th. So, the motto of the story is, don't sweat the scales, they don't tell the whole story. Take your measurements and you will see a different story.

PS, yes I do workout, quite regularly, doing ab exercises to get ready for the bikini, lol. And weight training, and fitting tae-bo in 2 - 3x's per week.

Happy low carbing to all.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 00:30

Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Back from solitary

Whew, I started a group and can hardly participate! My internet connection has been up and down for weeks and now they finally tell me that its fixed! Woo Hoo!

I know its late but welcome thinknthin! I to am a dedicated workout junkie. For my exercise I do most of it in the gym with cardio classes, a personal trainer for weights and then being the freak that I am I constantly train for upcoming triathlons.

I dont like taking my measurements because they are always bigger than what I feel they should be. I am willing to live with the fact that I am scale obsessed. Every morning rain, shine or freezing cold I am out in the garage getting on that scale. I'm so obsessed that my cat has picked up my sick scale behavior. I get on weigh and then when I'm done she gets on and I tell her the weight as if she knows what I am saying and then I advise her of how fat she is, on a daily basis (we both should seek professional help!)

Anyway, bikini question... I need to find a bikini top that is going to fit me, I'm a 36-38 DD with a much smaller bottom. Has anyone seen suits for people that are really not proportioned well? Not only do I want the airbrushed model body but I gotta add my own specific quirks to the mix.

Hey Agonycat what happened to ya?

Ok TTFN
Shannon
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 02:27

Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%
Smile

I officially Started To Exercise last night! About half an hours worth of crunches & girly press ups & things. It's a start!

Try looking for a store that sells the tops & bottoms separately, Shannon. Lots of places over here have started to do that the last couple of years, so you can buy different sizes & shapes to get the best fit & most flattering cut.

I hope your cat isn't going to get some sort of weight problem here, Shannon. I have a vision of you waking in the night to find her standing at the refrigerator, scooping ice cream from the tub with a bar of chocolate... Poor little thing.

You guys keep up the good work!

Take care, Daisy
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 08:42

BF:

Hey, Shannon! Alot of catalogs, including the one I previously mentioned have a "mix n match" section for bikinis. Hi cut, low cut, hi waist, low waist, bikini or tankini top. All kinds of coordinating prints and colors. You can fashion an adorable liittle number with all the choices they give you. That is what I am planning on doing, anyway. Too cute!

Daisy, congrats on starting a workout routine! Pretty soon you will be leading the pack, I know.

Hugs to all, Tama
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 09:38
Registered Member

BF:
Talking bikini blues

hey to all...i loved reading all the notes and advise.! THANKS!
it helps keep me motivated.! the bikini tops that are underwires and look like a "bra" design are the best..my sister is a 38 dd too!
and as everyone said the mix and match are great...and not that more expensive than the one suit in all. i have noticed the SMALLER THE SUIT>>>>THE BIGGER THE PRICE>>>HA HA HA that makes no sense!

i work out with a friend..she has lot 9.5 lbs...i am up to 3lbs. but she says my clothes look better...i am breaking down tonite and wrestling with the tape measure..yikes!

i am still giggling about the kitty cat....what a life...lay around all day...have someone serve you daily and have no stress or worries! the life of riley i suppose!

keep up the good work bikini gals..chat at ya soon! :wave

here comes friday!!!yeah :