Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 05:33
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 172.6/169.6/140 Female 63 inches
BF:41.5%/41.5%/25%
Progress: 9%
Smile Slow losers unite!

I've been on the Atkins program since last November and I lose approximately 1 pound each week. Now that's a net loss from the beginning of one month to the next. My weight fluctuates during the month, so I have one chart that just shows my weight and body fat percentages from the first day of each month.

1 pound each week... that's just what the doctor ordered. And yet, there are times when it feels so frustratingly slow.

One of the ways that I keep myself motivated is a keep track of my daily and monthly stats. Sometimes it really helps to see that there's been SOME progress, even if it was only 4 pounds for the entire month.

For me, the Atkins diet is a no-pain way to lose weight, but it has tried my patience. Something I'm not known for having a lot of in the first place!

I just wanted to tell any other slow losers out there not to lose heart ... I'm trying not to... slow losses that stay lost are better than slow gains.

And besides what other eating plan can promise slow but steady losses when you're eating such luxurious food?

1-pound-a-week-though-she-thought-it-was-more Nelle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 05:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/179/182 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 105%

I reckon that a pound a week over that period is outstanding.

Someone posted words to the effect of:

"I will be eating this way for the rest of my life. I am in no hurry to get to any particular weight. I didn't feel any great hurry to put the weight on in the first place.

All of the health advantages combine to well and truly overcome any short term scale induced frustration."

Although I am only a newbie to this WOE, the thoughts ring true to me...

Good luck as the journey continues. Your success so far is commendable.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 06:07

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

It took me 2 years to regain 30 pounds. I guess I can be patient about losing it again. And I'm not hungry all the time!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 06:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

A pound a week is outstanding. I have not lost a pound since the end of January. It's discouraging, but I'm holding onto this as a WOL, so I just keep trucking.

Magic
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 06:41
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I have been averaging .34-.5 pounds per week-although there are many times when I lose nothing. Thank goodness I measure! The last six months I have been averaging a 1/4 inch in my waist a week-that I can at least see, since the .3 pounds doesn't show up on my old regular scale.

I am pretty comfortable with the slow weight loss now-makes me more confident that I can keep it off for good.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 07:44

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Me Too!!!

I lost 9 lbs on induction. I have lost 3 to five pounds each month following that. This is my only successful weightloss endeavor so I know I should be ecstatic but it seems so slow. But, I like the manner in which I am doing this. I am paying more attention to what I eat and how often I eat it. I am knowledgeable on this subject and I know what foods are good for me. I have good healthy blood counts. I went from a size 10 to a size 7. It's all good.

Black57
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 07:48

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Oh I am definitely a slow loser (42 lbs in 13 months = 3.23 lbs a month). Lots is my fault with cheating, tweaking and just being not patient!

But....I lost a lot of inches - Going from a size 16 (tight) slacks to a size 9 (comfortable).

I definitely think Exercising has helped -- but most importantly, Despite not being at or near goal weight/size; I feel good about what I've accomplished thus far and if it takes me 6 more months to lose the last 16 lbs so be it.

And your right - - I love the fact that I can eat cream, bacon, steak, butter.....many things that most people can't or won't eat. Pity on them