Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 13:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/227.5/150
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default BFL w/o gym membership?

I was wondering if it's possible to do BFL - without going to a gym?? I could swing a membership right now, but would rather not if possible. I also was going to buy the BFL book, but dont' want to if I'm not going to be able to do it at home!

Thanks for any insight!

-Martha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 14:30
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I do BFL at home with free weights. I bought a 40 pound kit from Walmart for $20 and already had some 5's and 8's from previous workouts I had done. I have an exercise mat and a solid chair I can use for rows. I do not have a bench and should probably look into getting one. I walk/jog/run outside for my 20 MAS except for when there was snow when I used the school gym where I work.

You can probably get a copy of the book much cheeper than I paid. Try half.com and read the sticky by Nat about combining BFL with low carb.

Beth
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 16:16

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I also do BFL at home. Feel free to look at my gym log and see the different exercises done at home. You can do BFL at home with some simple dumbbells you can pick up at Walmart cheap. I do have more equipment now though, and will probably keep adding. Next piece is gonna be a leg press machine
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 09:03

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Why not check out the BFL book from the library and try out the plan? I have a library copy now and may buy the book later. Or I may just take it out of the library again if I need to refer to something...

I think you can do the program at home easily. I do it at the gym, mainly for inspiration and variety. But many of the exercises I do use dumbbells which I could use at home.

Amy
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 18:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/227.5/150
BF:
Progress: 23%

lol, I've tried to get it from our library. Actually, our library is a network of about 40 libraries...and all of them have their copies as listed lost or their wayyy overdue, LOL. Geesh!

I think I may see if I have a friend I can borrow the book from.

Thanks everyone!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 19:09

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%

I started it a few weeks ago, but got interrupted by a stomach virus and a sinus infection. I do all my exercises at home, because we live in a rural area with no gym handy -- so far I'm just using hand weights and ankle weights.