Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 16:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/144/120 Female 5feet 4inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default struggling

I know I ate too much today.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs, 3 strips of bacon
Lunch: deli ham, slice of swiss cheese (maybe it was two: I ate my lunch as I was making lunch for my kids so I wouldn't eat theirs)
Snacks: half of a chocolate malitol bar (I know this is not allowed-
but it was a stressful day)
two more pieces of cheddar cheese
Dinner: Ate this at 3;30 because I was trying to head off a snack attack hamburger with more cheese on top, spinach salad
Then as I was preparing dinner for my kids I ate way too many nuts ( not allowed on induction) again trying to make myself feel better since I couldn't eat the mac and cheese my kids were having

I feel myself getting bored with this diet, food was my comfort during longs days with my daughter who is definately going through the terrible twos. I know I have to substitute something else to help me cope. At least I can come vent here on this board after I day like today and get some renewed strength from those of you who are making such great progress. Tomorrow is another day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 16:57

Stats: 239/208/135 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:don't go there!!!
Progress: 30%

I know how you feel
I started induction 3 wks ago and quit after 4 days because it was getting hard and I was frustrated
Now 2 and 1/2 wks later I realize how much weight I could have lost in the past 2 wks and I get so mad at myself.
I am glad I gfound this place too. It has helped me get back on track to try again!!
Good Luck !!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 20:22

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

Youngdor - aside from the malitol chocolate, i don't really see a problem with what you ate today. Are you using fitday.com? It might help you to keep track of things - and often you will find that your calories are lower than you would expect! Hang in there - once you get past induction, there is muct more variation to things you can cook, and foods you can eat. Good luck!