Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 22:36
Registered Member

Plan: Type 2 Diabetes/Protein Power/Self-Designed Program
Stats: 240/180/140
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up It's up hill

Hey! You know what I discovered this week? I found how happy I am now! Has anyone else experienced this syndrome? It just happened! I feel so much more confident about everything in my life and I can only give credit to this new way of eating. Man, it feels so good to be getting somewhere! Happy is a good place to be
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 00:05

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Happy up hill

HI Katryding
Great news on being happy! not only does this way of eating help with our moods and energy levels, I think a lot of it has to do with being in control in our lives. I find this even more important than losing pounds. Eating this way is so much better for us and makes us healthier. At least for me it has. I am no longer tired all the time and have more energy . I have never eaten so well nutritionally as I have in the last 2 years.
And we are always happy to hear of others good fortunes and health
Norma
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 00:31
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

That's a fabulous discovery kat!

Carbs are the biggest bullies around. They're the meanies that won't let you into the playground and then taunt you all the way home! They can make your life HELL!

You're the one who decided to not let the bullies push you around anymore. Aren't you proud of your decision!

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 08:35
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

It is a great feeling! I know that I still have miles to go to get to my goal, but the journey is certainly going to be an enjoyable one. Mind over matter! For so long I looked at myself as my weight being my real person and now I can see how silly that is. I am me and my burden just happens to be what and how I reacted to years of uncertainity with satisfying my feelings with food and more food. I've never had a burst of energy at all levels of my make up like this, ever. Carbs are depressing! They depressed my life and the more I tried to be good and eat low fat and more carbs the more depressed and heavier I became!

I think PROtein starts out just right. It's Pro-life, Pro-health, Pro-mental! I'm PROud to be PROtein dependent!
Kathy

PS I'm also very happy that you all are out there. Thank you!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%
Thumbs up

Yes, I so agree!!! The clear head and thought processes are what really amaze me. My hubby told me yesterday, "you know, you have accomplished so much around here in the past few weeks, can I have some of whatever you are 'taking'". LOL. I told him sure, drop the after work beer and the pasta at lunch and then we'll talk

I watch people as I walk through the grocery stores, picking up their breads and potatos and I am not even the slightest bit jealous anymore (probably because I know that someday there will be more low-carb aisles than high carb). No thank you. I prefer this energy, clear head and clear skin!!!

I don't know who's line this is but I love it...

Livin la vida low-carb....
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%
Thumbs up

Yes, I so agree!!! The clear head and thought processes are what really amaze me. My hubby told me yesterday, "you know, you have accomplished so much around here in the past few weeks, can I have some of whatever you are 'taking'". LOL. I told him sure, drop the after work beer and the pasta at lunch and then we'll talk

I watch people as I walk through the grocery stores, picking up their breads and potatos and I am not even the slightest bit jealous anymore (probably because I know that someday there will be more low-carb aisles than high carb). No thank you. I prefer this energy, clear head and clear skin!!!

I don't know who's line this is but I love it...

Livin la vida low-carb....
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 10:58
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I agree! Clear headed, fast thinking and being able to communicate is one of the major changes that my family and even my boss noticed within the first few weeks that I was on this. I can feel it too, and the only problem that I have with it is that now I think so much that I have a hard time slowing down. I have energy to spare when I go to bed and I wake up awake!

Those food aisles are really not even a bother to me any more either. Yesterday I was shopping with my twenty year old that has never worn more than a size 3 and she wanted rice for supper while she is staying with us for a few weeks between apartment changes. It dawned on me that I had to figure out which aisle the rice was on because in the six months that I've been low-carbing, I haven't been down too many center aisles. I head for the vegy's and fruits, go to the cheeses and then on to the meats. Outside aisles except for my coffee is my domain in the grocery store. We did find the rice and she was happy. She is a vegetarian, runs and works out in the gym. To her she has her nitch and at first she was worried about my diet until she saw how much better that I felt.

My complexion, even at forty-five I was still having an occasional zit pop up, but not since low carbing. I also find that my hair is thicker and even the gray is not there as much. I am gray at the temples and thats about it, but before there were little gray hairs glistening all over my head.

Viva l'us! (my french major wrote this for me )