Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default best atkins Bar?

Hey everyone, I am planning to buy some atkins bars...I bought one online(s'mores) and I hated it...I was thinking about giving them another try and trying out the breakfast bars (creamy cinnamon bun flavor) and anyone tasted it and is a good?...Aare they any bars that are good? I need some honest opinions
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/148.5/148
BF:
Progress: 96%

I love the Chocolate Decadence bars. I was not too fond of the almond brownie bars - they weren't terrible, but I can live without them. Those are the only ones I have tried so far.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:12

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

I think they all have sort of a weird taste to them. Personally, i think that almond brownie is nasty. Chocolate coconut, and chocolate peanut butter are alright. Pralines and cream is alright too, but very sweet. It is a matter of personal preference...
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:22

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

I think the chocolate peanut one is the only bar that is not downright horrific. They're all pretty 'bleh' - though the Endulge bars are pretty darned good.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:23
Registered Member

Plan: candida
Stats: 175/159/135 Female 65in
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default is it worth it

I was just at the grocery store hungry....looking for something to fill my belly for good friday......I thought these bars had loads of carbs even on a day where there isn't much for me to eat.....am I reading the labels wrong?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 14:06

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

At 1st glance they do look high, but you have to remember you only count net carbs. Net carbs = total carbs - fiber & sugar alcohols. Therefore depending on flavor they have between 2-3g net carbs, the wrapper tells you the amount as net carbs or effective carbs. Both fiber & sugar acohols have a minimum effect on blood sugar, so they can be deducted. It's also important to remember some are more sensitive to sugar alcohols than others, some even stall from them. Luckily I don't have that problem. My favorite are the chocolate peanut butter Advantage bars . The chocolate decadence aren't bad either, but are very very rich. I was disgusted by the almond brownie - I couldn't even eat it. The cookies & cream was neither good nor nasty, somewhere in between- I won't buy one again. My suggestion is to try some individual bars & see what you like; we all have different tastes. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 16:27

Plan: DR. ATKINS
Stats: 267.2/216.0/150
BF:
Progress: 44%

My favourite is the chocolate peanut butter...yuuuuum
cookies and cream...yuuuuum
praline....good, but sweet
chocolate mocha crunch....yuuuuum
almond brownie..ok if there's nothing else
lemon chiffon.....YUUUUUUKy YUUUUKKY YUUUUUKKY

Just my opinion
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 20:13
Registered Member

Stats: 240/214/160
BF:
Progress: 33%

I just received a box of the Atkins Peanut Butter Advantage Bars from Netrition. I decided to order a whole box because I have problems finding them in my local stores and it was a better price.

Call me crazy but I really like this flavor also the Mocha and the Almond Brownie. But I have to admit if I have not been "sweets free" for 1 month before purchasing my first one I probably would have said "Yuck"!

Do not like any of the other flavors. And the Atkins Endulge Candy Bars? Hm....so good going down but not worth the cramps and bloating later.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 06:08

Stats: 223/163/145 Female 5'5"
BF:?/25%/23%
Progress: 77%
Default Favorite

I love the smores, coconut, and peanut butter. The cookie and cream I do not like.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 08:51
Registered Member

Stats: 301/230/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Atkins Bars

My favourite are the Pralines 'n Creme and the Chocolate Coconut. The Almond Brownie and Cookies 'n Creme are just okay IMHO.

Michele