Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 21:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%
Angry Totally Crazy

Ok , so I have 2 places in my apt, with hard floors......IKitchen and the bathroom...........The scale is in the bathroom, and when I weigh myself thats where I do it.....However for some reason if I weigh myself in the kitchen, it comes out a different number, and same thing if I move it around inch by inch and place by place in the bathroom......I have this underlying fear nothing is accurate lol...Its a digital scale so...........hmmph I dunno =/

Anyone else experience this type of problem?

I weighed myself tonight because.......

I ate 2 small pieces of pizza for dinner.....PEER PRESSURE....my roomates friend was over and was like omg you deserve a treat blah blah blah.........I finally gave in because I was too tired to cook and now I feel so bad =/ I feel physically ok, but just horrible that I did it.......WHy am I all of a sudden getting so horrible? I dont know ... Stress, life, finals, blah I have no clue, but I promised myself I was going to be good and I intend to be! After I ate that cake 2 days ago I have been having dreams about me eating carbs, which never happened.......Its screwing with my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you all have permission to smack me.....

And to think, I went grocery shopping today and did so well....turkey sausage, lots of veggies, chicken, cheese, some decaf coffeee, and sliced turkey.........I was so proud of my nice groceries and look I went and ruined myself =/

Blah someone ground me please.....

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 21:12

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%

OK! YOU'RE GROUNDED! GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!! SMACK!!

Ok, now about the scale...keep it in whichever room makes you weigh the less!!! LOL...just kidding...I always weigh myself in the same exact place because I have a really cheap scale...I'm just going by it....(who knows I might really weigh more or less on the doctors scales)

Ok, now that you are grounded and smacked....start anew and DON'T beat yourself up ANYMORE!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 22:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/181/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Same thing happens with my scale. Shows more in the bathroom and less in the bedroom. I keep it in the bedroom because it's one of the fancy ones, and there is too much steam in the bathroom.

As for the pizza....well don't let it happen again Just kidding. Try just the topping. I like it much better without the dough
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 22:18

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

What is the deal with the scales?? I found that depending on where i stand on the actually scale, it can vary from 2-3 pounds. For example, if i lean slightly forward, i weight less - back is more. Needless to say, i am always leanleanleaning trying to get that extra .1 of a lb! haha
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 22:18

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

PS goatlady, i LOVE the little picture you have of the littlegoat! so cute!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 22:59

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Use the doctors scales

I bet if you go to your regular doctors office and ask for scale priveledges he would grant you permission to use his scales. The gym usually has these scales also. At my college clinic the scale is right in the lobby and we can just walk in, weigh, then walk out. The only problem is you can't weigh naked .

Just a Thought,
Black57
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 03:49
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Ok

Well...stop worring so much about the scale...lol...easy for me to say as I am a self-proclaimed scale junkie.

i just moved and at my old house my scale always said the same thing I could trick it by moving it around...but my new place is a trailer and it weighs differently in a couple spots in the bathroom so i marked off a spot and that is where I weigh...I guess if its a few pounds off no big deal as long as it is going down.

My doctors scale weighs me 5 pounds heavier...with my clothes and shoes of course...and work is 3-4 pounds more clothed no shoes....so oh well who's right since mine is the lowest...it is ..lol

Good Luck!!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 04:38

Plan: Restart 8/6/18 - 75/20/5
Stats: 196/155.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:Die MF!
Progress: 62%
Default Heads up..incoming......kaboom

Toe, Toe, Toe,

What am I going to do with you?

Quote:
Originally posted by toeie

I weighed myself tonight because.......

I ate 2 small pieces of pizza for dinner.....PEER PRESSURE....my roomates friend was over and was like omg you deserve a treat blah blah blah.........I finally gave in because I was too tired to cook and now I feel so bad =/ I feel physically ok, but just horrible that I did it.......WHy am I all of a sudden getting so horrible? I dont know ... Stress, life, finals, blah I have no clue, but I promised myself I was going to be good and I intend to be! After I ate that cake 2 days ago I have been having dreams about me eating carbs, which never happened.......Its screwing with my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you all have permission to smack me.....

And to think, I went grocery shopping today and did so well....turkey sausage, lots of veggies, chicken, cheese, some decaf coffeee, and sliced turkey.........I was so proud of my nice groceries and look I went and ruined myself =/

Blah someone ground me please.....

What difference does it make where the scale is? You know what it's going to say "Hi Toe, here are the results of eating cake and pizza!"

"Peer pressure"? If your peers suggest you pop a few quualudes to reduce your stress during finals, would you take their advice? You don't deserve to be under stress, do you? Go ahead, "treat" yourself.

"You deserve a treat"? This argument only works if YOU think you deserve a treat and how YOU define a treat. Doesn't sound to me like the emotional aftermath of that "treat" was very uplifting. No one can sabotage your program but YOU, and you are doing a handy job of it so far. You had turkey and cheese in the house. You didn't need to cook a stickin' thing, just open the fridge door. Let's call a spade a spade here. You wanted the pizza more than you want to lose weight and, under the circumstances as you've set forward, there are no excuses. As for "dreaming about carbs", you're not just dreaming about them, you're eating them and setting off the cravings by your own doings.

Toe, you might want to consider a bit of soul searching here. You are either commited to following the program and losing the weight OR NOT! Promising yourself means jack $hit. Doing it is what counts. Until you show up complaining about how your roommate, or his/her friend, assaulted you, tied you down and stuffed pizza down your throat, or held you down while they injected sodium pentothal into your veins, CUT THE CRAP. Assume responsibility for your actions and address the not-so-underlying problem that you have not fully commited to this program.

Unless being fat and living your life on a daily rollercoaster ride of emotional self torture, through guilt and remorse, is your idea of fulfillment, then might I suggest you alter the course you're presently following?

Come on, Toe. Get on board the freedom train here and "treat" yourself to a happy life.

My services provided "by request only" and always with a heartfelt desire to share the wealth this program has so amply provided me.

Wishing you all good things,

Jones
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 04:39
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

My scale would not only weigh you different in different spots on the floor, but weigh you different in the same spot each time you stepped on it! I would step on it 3 to 4 times in the morning till I got the number I wanted!

And it turns out that number was 5.5 pounds over, I gues digital scale like to play games too!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 06:26

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Re: Heads up..incoming......kaboom

Quote:
Originally posted by Jones
fill in your name here.....
What am I going to do with you?

"You deserve a treat"? This argument only works if YOU think you deserve a treat and how YOU define a treat. Doesn't sound to me like the emotional aftermath of that "treat" was very uplifting. No one can sabotage your program but YOU, and you are doing a handy job of it so far. You had turkey and cheese in the house. You didn't need to cook a stickin' thing, just open the fridge door. Let's call a spade a spade here. You wanted the pizza more than you want to lose weight and, under the circumstances as you've set forward, there are no excuses. As for "dreaming about carbs", you're not just dreaming about them, you're eating them and setting off the cravings by your own doings.

Jones

THIS is the best written thing ive seen on the subject yet=I think I will make a cross stitch of it. As Pogo said we have met the enemy and he is us.

Last edited by bevbme : Sat, Apr-19-03 at 06:29.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 06:46

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 228/185/154 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Dear Toe,
I utterly agree with the firm tone taken by Jones . No excuses!!
( and thank you dear Jones because I need the boot up the bum
sometimes too!!, to make me drink more water and pay more attention).

As for your queries, my comments are

1 scales..same place and take an average

2 sabotage..everytime you resist it, it gets easier. I used to come in from work like a ravening wolf, only for bread and buns not meat, sadly. I would buy sweets from the local shop and have eaten them before I got home. I have bought boxes of sweet stuff and eaten it all in the car.

Now, however, this does not happen. I do not want the muck. TRUE, honest. It is not an effort, as if a switch has been flcked in my head.
You look young in your very pretty photo, so give yourself a break and stick to the woe now. IT WILL GET EASIER and the rewards are remarkable.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 07:01

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Talking

My advice:

Ditch the scale. Weigh once a month (preferable a week or so after TOM) using a reliable balance beam scale. Use a tape measure the rest of the time. Stop letting your friends talk you into sabotaging your weight loss progress.
Your friends/family/coworkers can't make this plan work for you or lose weight for you..you have to do that for yourself.
If you stumble, get right back up and get back to your weight loss efforts right away. Those that are successful are successful not because they never had a failure. They're successful because they kept at it for as long as it took for them to succeed.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 07:23
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

My scale also weighs me differently depending on where it is and how many times I step on it. I call it the scale mambo.

Everytime I have changed my eating/drinking habits the people around me have tried to peer pressure me into going back into old habits. Happened when I quit drinking, happened when I became a vegetarian, happens sometimes now. It makes people uncomfortable when you are doing something different. It forces them to look at their own behavior and they don't like it. This was really a problem when I was in my early 20's and in college. As I got older, it became less of a problem. As long as I stuck to my guns, most people became used to the way I do things and they got over it. I just had to make the decision that what I put in my body was my business and I make my choices based upon either health or philosphical reasons.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 07:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%

wow, thanks for all the responses =)

Yes there is no excuse for my horrible behavior........It's funny too, because my roomate I swear is anorexic he is like 6'2 a150 lbs and is like a rail...I get so jealous cause he can eat all the fast food and junk in the world, and never gain an ounce, damn dont you just hate people like that....I am commited to this woe, and I just need to try harder to control my little self

ANd Jones...........Where would we be without your harsh reality kick in the a$$? Damn you dish it straight, thanks its what we all need!

So.............Today is a new day, pizza free =)

***hugs***
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 08:00

Plan: Restart 8/6/18 - 75/20/5
Stats: 196/155.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:Die MF!
Progress: 62%

GO GET 'EM GIRL!!

Jones