Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:07

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Sorry but the bottle is already opened and I learned early on - DO NOT WASTE FOOD! I could not possibly let that wine go bad. Surely, you don't expect... Just kidding. (sorta)

I can not even tell you how many bazillion of dollars of rotten vegetables I throw out of my crisper each week....that never seems to bother me like pouring out old wine...funny thing, that.

Ok, off to lunch. Mommy is taking me out - wish me luck! Don't worry, never wine with lunch!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/167.5/164
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jinx, I like your old avatar better!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 15:36
Registered Member

Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

OK, I confess.

I drank during induction.

After all, I'm "gotbeer", fer chrissakes.

I did change to tequila & vodka. Made a wicked-good cherry limeade out of vodka, Davinci Gourmet's Cherry SF syrup, and fresh-squeezed lime juice.

Still, the weight continues to melt off.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 17:52

Stats: 195/154/125 Female 5'0"
BF:never measured it
Progress: 59%
Default Carb counts for cocktails?

Hi all --- since this seems like a thread populated by people who love a drink or two, can anyone out there recommend a source on the Web, in a book, wherever, where there are carb counts for various drinks and components of drinks? I LOVE Campari and my gut tells me a Campari and soda probably isn't too bad once in awhile, but finding a carb count for Campari has proven to be close to impossible -- also there are probably other things we could have if we knew what the carb counts were!

Any help you all can give me would be great!

Thanks,
Jsandrock
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 19:25

Hey DCMark,

Hahahaha. Thanks! I felt like people might get the, um, wrong(?) idea with me posting all this wine stuff with a high ball in my hand, dressed like a cat, etc., etc.

Don't want people to start a prayer circle for me or anything, not just yet anyway
-Jinx
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 12:37
Registered Member

Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

link to Campari website
"What is Campari made of ?
Campari is a clear red liquid with an alcohol content of 28.5% and a sugar content of 25%. It is made from an infusion of alcohol and distilled water added to a mixture of herbs, plants and fruit. Syrup, obtained by dissolving saccharine in distilled water, is added to the infusion along with the colorant and the distilled water needed to reach the volume of production. After mixing the components, the Campari is left to mature for thirty days; it is then filtered and the result is a crystal clear product ready for bottling. "

BAD CAMPARI. BAD.

"Campari’s red colour comes from Cochineal Crimson E120: Colour Index 75470"

"Cochineal" means that the color comes from a bug - a crushed beetle, to be more precise.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Mmmm....vodka!

Jinx, you are too funny. I know what you mean, I've let countless pounds of vegetables rot without a qualm, but waste one precious drop of alcohal? I think not!

Eating dinner without a glass of wine is probably the single hardest part of Atkins for me. I married into an Italian family, and dinner without wine is considered uncivilized. And let's not even go into not eating pasta or bread. Plus my in-laws, who are the most charming people in the world, still entertain like it's the sixties. When we go out of town with them, the first thing my father-in-law does is set up a little bar, so MIL and I can have our martinis before we go out. You can imagine what dinner at their house is like, we're all snoring in our plates by coffee.

Lest you think I'm pure, however, when we went out for our anniversary last week, dude, I went for both the cocktail and a glass of wine, and I didn't even try to make it LC! Appropriately enough, it was called a Twist and Fall, and it was good!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 14:43

Stats: 321/275/180
BF:
Progress: 33%

I must confess, I TOO like an occasional drink. I switched to the Michelobe ULTRA low carb beer (tastes like air) and bourbon. Low in carbs, but it totally stalls me out. I've been stuck at this plateau for two weeks now.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 15:00

Ultra CRAP if ya ask me! Blech

Sorry but I've been waiting to use that little puker in a post!

Yeah, I guess I'll put down my (TINY!) wine glass when/if I stall. I didn't have any last night. That's one night in a row. I'm on day 4 of induction, my fella opened a bottle of Spanish red last night and drank a couple of glasses at the table with me...see, I'm not TOTALLY hopeless. I passed up Russell Stover's peanutbutter cups AND my 4oz of wine all on the hardest day yet! (insert me patting my own back obnoxiously here)

Other than the wine, the only "processed" product I've had are cheese, pork rinds, and one Diet RC cola. DAY 4 HERE! May not be a big deal but it sure feels like it to me.

I really can do without a product if it means having something yucky instead. I'd take a shot of vodka (my pref. is diet 7up & vodka) to light beer any day. As if you give a rip, right? Ok. Shutting pie hole (lo carb pie, of course).
Jinx
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 16:02

Stats: 220/220/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Smile Now me wants a drink

For me once in a while tends to lead to every day for 2 or 3 weeks.

***sigh*** I wish it didn't slow things down so much!

What's a girl to do??