Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:37

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 133/129/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey Ouch...I'm so happy to see you're back in the saddle again.

orzabella...sounds like you're on your way! Congratulations.

I'm hovering around 125...I saw 124 on the scale a couple of mornings ago but by the next day I was back to 125. Ah well. I continue to exercise, drink water, and stick to Induction. I won't start adding carbs until I get to 119. Or so I say now. Heck, maybe I'll just stay on Induction until I reach goal. It's become such a way of life. I don't even have to think about what to eat anymore.

Whoosh fairy...where are you?

Isa
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:35

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Congratulations, orzabelle Persistence does pay off! I would never consider weighing other than first thing in the AM (after visiting the bathroom)! There are enough variables as it is without adding even more in the mix!

Isa: How evil of that 124 to sneak in and then back out again! I'm sure it's going to soon reappear . Just think how close you are to your goal! Awesome
  #123   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 14:13

BF:

Hey Shadow...thanks for your kind words. I'm amazed that I've made this much progress. I guess I never really believed I could lose weight and shape up. I'm 10 to 15 lbs (if I pay any attention to the scale ultimately) away from my stated goal, but I'm open to adjusting it as I lose weight and inches.

I'm just glad I started in January so that I might get into summer feeling good about how I look, instead of flipping out around the end of May.

Isa
  #124   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 14:58

BF:

Isa - it's great you're keeping your options open for your goal! Sometimes our bodies dictate things differently than our minds demand them to be And you obviously CAN and ARE doing it!!With your winning attitude, you will be successful too
  #125   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 15:15

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

You guys are so fantastically positive! I know I'm going to like hanging around here!

Shadow, thanks for your PM. Your enthusiasm was enough of a reason for me to commit to sticking to it! (and my little a.m. scale discovery helped too!)

Very glad you all are here!
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 16:32

BF:

You guys (gals ) are just the greatest! I hope you all realize how much it's spurred me on interacting with all of you! Thank you all so much - it's so wonderful to see such optimism and dedication
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 22:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223.5/192.5/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hey Ouch, after reading all these posts, I just wanted to let you know that my heart reaches out to you. I am on day 20 and I lost 7 lbs in the first week, then gained back 1.5 lbs and now I'm stuck in the flab mud. I'm really hoping this unwelcome 1.5 lb guest doesn't stay and that I get a woosh fairy to replace him.

I just want to say that if you stick with the program, given that you don't have a thyroid problem or any other medications that may be slowing the weight loss, IT WILL WORK. I have seen it work with so many people. I think some people's bodies are really resistant, but don't let your body be the one to determine your happiness for the future. YOU TELL IT!!!!! Just keep doing what you are doing to-the-letter and make sure to exercise at least 25 min 3 times a week, and you will get there. If you think about it, your body really doesn't have an opinion in the matter does it? *smile* It WILL LOSE.

I have heard stories where people have lost 1lb a month and it took them a very long time but they finally got to their goal.

Think of it this way... would you rather lose 1 lb. a month - or stay at the same weight your whole life (if you are lucky)

I think I would prefer the slow loss, wouldn't u?
It will all be worth it. Keep smilin with those dimples of yours! You are gonna make it! Can't wait to hear your story in the Success Stories forum someday.

Katie
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 08:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/149/130
BF:
Progress: 27%

hey there to everyone!!

what wonderful messages you all have left on here. You're such fantastic people!

I want you all to know what I did yesterday, after all this time.

4 months without one single cheat...and yesterday I had a lovely large piece of my mother's apple pie. It was pure and simple heaven on earth. (Even though it tasted WAY sweeter than before, for obvious reasons!)

I've stuck to Atkins like glue for 4 months, with very very little weight loss, and I wanted the pie very very badly...And I don't even feel bad about it!!!

Maybe that'll piss off my body enough to trigger something! haha

O
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 09:08

Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

Ouch,

Be sure to let us know if the cheat starts the weight loss for you. Like you, I have lost very few pounds since mid-Jan. with no cheats.

I was on vacation last week and the closest I came to a cheat was not drinking all the water every day. I gained 2 pounds. I had planned to choose a cheat but was scared the cravings would come back so I didn't. I even watched my family eat ice cream and was perfectly ok with it. That made me feel good.

At this point though, I'm thinking of throwing in the towel. I feel good so I plan to stay very low carb, but other than that, I'm just going to do the best I can. I've been exercising every day and I'll keep that up too, but no more measuring, being obsessed with fit day and so on.

Good luck to you and I hope the apple pie starts up your metabolism again.

Magic
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 10:42
Registered Member

BF:

Hey magic, how ya doin?

I totally get your feeling of wanting to throw in the towel. I consider it at least once a day!

I'm not getting on the scale until the end of the week, so I'll let you know if that awesome apple pie had any affect on me.

so until then....

I'll continue to float here around 150

wallowing in my belly

O
  #131   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 10:57

BF:

Hey Ouch,

I say eat the pie. One piece. And don't feel guilty. And don't eat it every day, or even every week. But eat the pie.

I ate the cheesecake. One piece. Saturday night. Didn't feel guilty. Still don't feel guilty.

Hang in there ouch!

Isa
  #132   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 19:20

BF:

Ouch - that pie sure sounds good Course, I would've put cream on it and heated it up, too. Hope it jump starts your metabolism for you - am expecting great news come the end of the week

Isa - The cheesecake sounds even better than the pie ! Don't suppose you topped it with blueberries, did you? Yum!

Magic - I'm with you. I'm afraid giving in once would just release a bunch of cravings. But it doesn't sound like you're throwing in the towel - just loosening up on the details. As long as you're staying low-carb, you'll do fine !
  #133   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 06:55

Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

You could be right Shadow01, today I don't feel like throwing in the towel. I'm staying lc because I feel good and don't have cravings, but I've given up that I'll lose weight on this WOL.

Tomorrow I get my numbers from my last blood work. Of course I'm sure my triglycerides (sp) will be down. The LDL number will be interesting.

Funny, I don't miss the carbs and even find it hard to raise them up to 25. I'll have to check the list in the book to remember how to add the carbs in groups of 5.

Magic
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 08:44
Registered Member

BF:

You guys are so much fun.

I guess I haven't quit yet...still hangin in there.

yesterday I had just an egg for breakfast (got up late for work, was rushing)

I had a salad for lunch of lettuce, celery, mushrooms, grated cheddar, bacon bits, and cubed ham with caesar dressing.

and supper consisted of a lovely steak, marinated, and cooked with mushrooms, and served with broccoli. It was delicious!

and about eleventeen gallons of water

you guys rock!

O
  #135   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 14:12

BF:

Magic - Giving up obsessing over numbers may be your ticket to losing. Stress inhibits weight loss, and I don't know about you but I personally get VERY stressed over numbers. I have found that being overly obsessive detailing everything just gets me frustrated to the point of giving up. Then I have to back off and just go by the basics as outlined in my book (in my case, Protein Power). Let us know your bloodwork comes out! I'm sure you're just at a plateau and will lose again when your body's ready.

Ouch - your meals always sound so good (except for your breakfast which always sounds skimpy )! So glad you're hanging in there with us!! When is your vacation?