Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:13

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default just got a note from atkins.

as you know. i went on a fat fast. did good with it. lost 6lbs. kept off.
I like atkins and i do want to stay with it. but this is the slowest way to lose wt.. I started Feb1 st. and as of this date lost 21 lbs. I dont know about inches for i didnt take. But i did when i did ff and will wait to see what that comes out to in May.
Any way. Atkins said that some lose alot and some lose in stagest. I need to kick in walking ect and stay with that. and That I could be getting to much fat. and to cut it back. iam in Keytones and have been since i started. so that means iam burning fat. i need to drink more water to and maybe up little more on veg. i dont eat much of those. but stay with interduction. so guess i will try lowering fat intake next 4 weeks to see if that helps. Have you heard that even though this is a fat diet to help burn fat u can still get to much fat to burn. does this make since?? so going to drink more water and addd veg to salad. see if this helps with getting this weight to move down. but at least have not gained. i was going to do another ff but after 1 day i stopped was getting sick. so just taking 4 weeks at a time and see if not then something else till i move way down. but i really like to saty with this. I think we all get down when we have set goals and not working like u are used to. and that is why it helps to get email buddies to help keep u going . and get a pat when neede and a kick. so guess i will try lowing fat intake and see if using to much.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:17

Plan: SB
Stats: 279/271.5/180 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 8%

21 pounds is nothing to laugh about. I have only lost 10 lbs since January 7. Whatever you are doing, it seems to be working. This is not a miracle diet - it's a way of life. Drinking more water and increasing your vegetables is a very good idea! )
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:21

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ketosis does give you a metabolic advantage, but that can only take you so far. If you way over do it on calories, and fat is the fastest way to overdo it ( doesn't take much nuts or heavy cream ! ) .... you won't lose .
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:23

BF:
Default hi

Thanks. i gusse when u look at 21 lbs that is good. so i will do what atkins saids to try. Lower fat intake and up some veg. and water and walk.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/249/165 Female 71"
BF:fat, what fat? LOL
Progress: 37%
Default 21 pounds

Hello,

I think there is a major myth about this diet and losing weight really fast.

I think you do in the first week becasue the diet acts like a diuretic. After that the diet allows gradual natural weight loss. I think if you stick with doing something that you will be able to do in the long run you will be more apt to stick with it.

good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:30

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

You're doing good things, just remember the water and the exercise-I like to walk 1/2 hour per day, and then I do free weights-upper body one day, lower the next. Do whatever you will be able to stick with day after day-the key is to be consistent.

Hang in, you're doing great!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 10:31

BF:
Default fat and cals.

I really dont see how i could be eating to much fat. i measure everting and i count cals to . to see where iam at. my cals are low. . so will lower fat and start walking to see. and on nuts and cheese i dont eat that much of those. in fact tyhe only time i had nuts was when i was doing a ff. so today will get out chicken and bake that on george forman and make salad with small tomtoe and ranch dressing.
i dont think iam doing anything wrong with this. other then pushing mydself. going in to drink more water.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 11:24

Stats: 181/181/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Tell your secrets

How many calories are you eating a day? How do you count calories. I have only lost 10 lbs and was thinking about doing FF. But don't know where to start. Are you exercising? what type of exercise? Thanks for the advice.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:03

BF:
Default hi

Iam still doing Interduction at 20 carbs a day.
I know that you dont have to count calaries but for me i have to so i know just were iam at. And cals do count.
you might be surprise if you do.

Like today i had 3 eggs.> i use better then eggs,< Lig. for 1/4 cups is 35 cals and 1 carb. so i have 3 of those at 90 cals and 3 carbs.
Today had salad 2 cups. for 3 carbs and 35 cals.with half tomatoes for 1 carb. and dressing by paulnewman at 170 cals and 1 carb.
and 4 oz. grilled chicken breast for 110 cal. and o carbs.
ect.
then what ever i have eatenfor day i total. 800 -1200 a day. some times it diff, on days.
atkins saids iam doing good so nothing to worry about. just watch how much protein. a day on meat and watch fat intake and move body. and drink water. ect. i kept what they wrote.
so taking all this month and seeing what i can do.
On ff. that is up to u. It is hard to do. but i really belive that i would still be 6 lbs heaverir if i didnt do it.
i was going to do again but i decied not to. my keytones are still burning..
they also said something that at first easy to burn top fat then slows down when we get to the real fat to burn. what ever that means. i know for me it helps to have others push yopu. my friend just started and she is losing 2 lbs a day. this is 2 time she is doing. but she eats cottage cheese on interduction and has caffine pop and coffeee and still losing faster then me. iam going to save what atkins wrote me to try. you know u can call them or write web page. on web page takes over week to get back. if you need a e mail buddy to help feel free to write me. or go to chat. just right now am trying to let go and enoy what i have done. but i still have goals and i will get there. just i have to walk and get this body moving and stay with it. take care.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:30

BF:
Default Your doing a great job

I went into Fitday.com and added up my calories and I am already at 1421 after dinner. That's alot. WOW. I have to rethink dinner. So, I can get under 1200.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

21 lbs is awesome. Everyone has to find her own optimal way of losing - you seem to be doing well and asking questions, so good for you!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:49
Registered Member

Stats: 182/167.5/164
BF:
Progress: 81%

NO! 1200 will be too low. You are supposed to be at 10x to 12x your current weight or this diet will not work!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 14:08
Urban Jungle Denizen

Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Yes!

This bears repeating: Your calories are too low, not too high!

If you don't get enough calories, your body thinks you are starving, and that stalls weight loss.

So make sure you eat enough calories!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 14:34

BF:
Default Thanks guys

So, I way 158 my calorie intake should be 1580. Right?
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 15:55

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Fat diet???

Yes, you are aloud fats on this diet but fat diet it is not. Balance is the key-atleast for me. I work harder at making sure I eat, not only right carbs but also GOOD carbs. I don't count anything but carbs and servings and I no longer "load up" on food.

A low carb diet makes you more aware of the ingestion of fats but you are not trading off carbs for fats.

JMO,
Black57