Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 12:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/132/135
BF:
Progress: 120%
Question Thermogenics and when to be satisfied

I am 5ft. 7 inches and between 130 and 135 lbs. - depending upon the day. I pretty much follow a low - carb diet - since August.
After reading the posts about thermogenics I thought I would give it a try.

Now I am wondering if I am being a little "over the top." I am concerned that my body image is getting a bit distorted - are these supplements for those of us who have achieved a pretty "normal" weight ? Do others have trouble w/ being satisfied even after reaching their goal weight?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 13:59

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 225/175/190 Male 72in
BF:30%/8%/8%
Progress: 143%

Hi zandersmom,
I’m in the same boat. I’m really close to my goal but I still can’t see all of my abs, damn stubborn belly fat. So yesterday I went down to the vitamin store and got a bottle of EAS Thermo DynamX to try. It is ephedra free so hopefully it is safer. As I have only taken three doses so far I can’t say if it works or not but it does amp you up. I will try to report back after a week and give a review of the results.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 18:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/177/135 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

can you explain what this is? I am less than 15 pounds from goal, and can feel my abs, but can not see them either? What is it, and what does it do?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 10:35

Generally a thermogenic supplement is a combination of nutrients that temporarily boost your metabolism. Until recently most thermogenics contained a substance called ephedrine (also called Ma-Yang sp?) that has been linked to complications such as heart attack, stroke and heat stroke. At least two pro athletes may have died from heat stroke while taking an ephedrine based thermogenic. I have taken the ephedrine based stuff in the past and though it seemed to work, I did not care for the side effects, it was like chugging a pot of coffee. The new stuff is ephedrine free and should be safer. After two days on the EAS Thermo Dynamx and not changing anything else I’m down a pound but I’m not going to give it my recommendation until I have been on it for a week. I can drop a pound one day and be up 2 the next so a longer period is needed for me to be somewhat confident that it is doing any good.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 09:48

I promised to give an update on how EAS Thermo Dynamx has been working for me. From all indications I believe the stuff has increased my fat lose without any serious side effects. From caliper measurements it looks like I have lost about 2lbs of fat and gained about 1/2lb of muscle since last Wednesday and lost about 1/4in of my waist measurements. Before I started taking the stuff I was only losing around a pound of fat a week and sometimes not even that. I have been able to hold all other factors(carb intake, calories, and exercise) about equal this last week so it looks like it works. Side effects were similar to consuming extra caffeine but I only had the caffeine jitters on the first day. All in all I think it is worth the money.