Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:20

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%
Unhappy Goodness me :(

I guess I need someone to tell me that this will eventually help me get these stubborn lbs. off. Just finished up the induction on Monday, and I'm not sure if the pound I lost wasn't the one that always goes away and comes back anyway. I did the induction to the letter and absolutely convinced that I would have lost something - anything. But no dice, other than that disputable pound.

I'm just trying to get rid of my little spare tire! (Actually, three little spare tires - it may not seem like I have weight to lose, but I'm very small-boned) Bathing suit season is coming and I work out 4x a week, (have for years) but my little tires are stubborn. I am totally ready to stick with this and keep going, if anyone can tell me that they had a similar experience and made it through, eventually. Is Atkins not effective for the last pounds - which make a big difference on me - and those three tummy roles that like to hang out together whenever I'm sitting on the couch?

I'm ashamed to say that I collapsed in tears last night, as it seems that nothing I try works...

Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated (and I'm embarrassed to say, so would advice that started with 'go get yourself a cookie')
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:28

Plan: CAD with a few modificati
Stats: 193/141/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

All's I can say is, I wish I was where you are. I have been struggling for almost nine years to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is about what you weigh now!!!! I am jealous really!!!! Just keep trying, I hear it is really sluggish when you are so close to goal. Good luck!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

The last couple of pounds are the hardest and you are already almost at goal, so expect it to take a while You will feel much better and probably lose inches on this woe, so hang in there

L
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:34

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

What about exercises targetted for those areas? It might do better for you.
Kathy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:35

Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

I can tell you this. I lost a lot on induction, but I am quite sure I had many more pounds to lose than you. I can also tell you I have had two very long times where I lost nothing, and I am in one of those times now.

One word for you, persistance. It will come if you stick with it. If you don't already use Fitday.com to track your foods and progress, I highly suggest it. It revelas the hidden carbs in things you never would have guessed. Like eggs and cheese. Just because the label says 0, doesn't make it so. With Fitday, you can rest assured of your exact carb count.

Other than that, drinks lots of water, it helps to mobilize fat to be metabolized, and makes your skin look terrific too!

You sound determined, like I was/am. Trust in the fact if you feel better, persistance will pay off. Also, with exercising, you may well be transforming, replacing fat with better muscle tone.

Take your measurements, I bet they have changed.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:35

I do exercises for those areas, but I think I finally believe that it's not possible to spot reduce. Thanks for the genes, Mom! (all the women in my family have the same 'twin stars'
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:38

Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

By the way, according to the Atkin's diet, you generally lose about 10% of your total body weight, and since you weigh 134, you are about right on with your loss. People with less to lose generally lose it a bit slower.

Calanetics is an awesome spot reduction program, and I higly recommend it.

Last edited by Fantasia : Wed, Apr-16-03 at 08:39.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:41

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

GO GET YOURSELF....a hug!

I am like you - trying to get rid of the dreaded "insulin meter" tummy as Dr. Schwarzbein calls it. You're probably not really looking for advice right now but for support. I hope you hang in there and if you must have a cookie, make it a tiny low carb one or a small amount of berries, even better. I've decided that if I freak again I'll just go on OWL - and NOT totally off the rails.

I can tell you that being so close to goal weight, it IS necessary for you to track calories ("don't count calories but calories count" is only good when you have a lot to lose). Have you been using www.fitday.com at all? You might log in an average day and see what you get. I'm not trying to give unsolicited advice, I just know from the previous 4 day "induction" that I did that it stinks to go through it with no results, no matter what you weigh.

Plese keep up the LCing, remember how we got these bellies in the first place!

Jinx
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:52

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Hi Orzabelle... if you have been working out for years it's possible you need to switch it up in order to get new results. Have you considered trying a different style of cardio or lifting or whatever it is you enjoy? If you linger around the exercise forum here, there's a lot of great info regarding different types of plans, etc. It is possible your body is used to what you're doing and it needs a boost to tone up more.

As for eating, Atkins is not a quick weight loss plan. I'll bet you though, that if you stick it out, the last bits of fat will peel off. Slow and steady wins the race.

Best to you!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 08:56

Thanks everyone. I REALLY want to stay with this, but not if it won't have any effect!

Yeah, I think I should probably move my workout along. My heart and lungs are in great shape, but my rear end remains static!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 10:03

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Okay...nobody yell at me, but I've already decided that when I hit goal, if there is ANY cellulite anywhere on my body...its getting sucked out. I'm also going to have a tummy tuck (unless these crunches work) because I *will* have a six pack some day...AND I am going to have a boob lift because everyone who wants them should have perky boobs and after four kids...mine are about as far from perky as you get...lol. I told my hubby to start saving...lol.

He's against it, so I probably won't get to do any of it, but its definately something I'm keeping in mind. I'm 34 with four kids and am not having any more, so now its time to have the body I didn't take care of as a teenager while I still can...lol.

L
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 10:09

You are hilarious, Whyspers! I had saddlebags even at 126 lbs.... I would get them vaccuumed out if only my hubby wouldn't leave me over it. Maybe he'll change his mind once I have kids!