Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#811   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-24, 15:33

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG OMG and OMG

What am I talking about????????........... wait............. wait........
wait......
wait......

LOLOL

THE BEST SMOKED BRISKET I HAVE EVER HAD! Night one!!!!

I have arrived!!!!!! It is nothing like I pictured. I pictured something short of dessert and tumble weeds. So Hollywood.
NO - Tulsa is a real deal midsized THRIVING CITY! It way bigger than I pictured, prettier than I thought, and people so far have been SO nice.

Lets add in I was hungery, tired, and my hips hurt from 2 days of driving. I wanted food. - Across the street was a drive-through BBQ joint. I got almost a pound of smoked CLEAN brisket for 9.99. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?- Give me some pickles and mustard I say on the side. Done.

Unpacked my wine, dog, and food. In that order sorta!! Of course Ruger is a hip dog- attached. I am on the couch and fat and happy as a full tick!

My hips are starting to feel better. I swear that long in the car and I thought I would lose it. I was really starting to feel pain in my sciatica, I could not have gone longer in that car. I was miserable. All good now though.

I am going to check out the hospital, my apt, and downtown tomorrow. Temps are expected to exceed 100. I am cool in this room.

BTW- I ask for the best and quietest room they have. I am 4th floor on the end. Yeah, a trek to take out the dog- but people in NY do it all the time.

Happy the drive is over. Now second is to recon where I am. The trip was surreal, in a very pleasant sorta way.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
  #812   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-24, 16:57

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

HEY KIDS!

Jaz yay for arriving to Tulsa! Sounds like a great place right off the bat. I absolutely expected it to be a cool, thriving town. Glad you are finding that to be true! And yeah I do think the people will be really nice as well.

Lori- too bad your old guy partner isn't your regular partner.. that other one can be so cranky! Congrats on the tourney win!

Trig you treat your animals so well, food and all. Bella does not have that kind of life lol
You made me giggle about accidentally kicking a kitty and sending it flying. There is a hilarious TikTok of a woman accidentally kicking a small dog across the room when she tries to kick up into a handstand. Makes me laugh every time.

--

All is well here. Yesterday was EXHAUSTING. I took Marsha to get a new cell phone. I knew it would be a very long process bc she no longer has access to her email, no longer knew her Apple ID password, no longer knew how to access her AT&T account etc etc. I figured it would be like buying a new car kind of long. OH YEAH IT WAS. From door to door it took SEVEN HOURS. UGH! I came home, growled at DH and hid for the rest of the day.

The day before that I did a really nice hike with a friend of mine in the more western part of the state. It was very steep and very rocky, very challenging but very fun. My legs are still a little sore and that was on FRIDAY!

Not much else to add. Spent the day with DH sort of filling the time-bucket with him, you know? He's going to have a very very busy September work wise until we leave for our trip so we wanted to prioritize some time.

That's it from me!
  #813   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-24, 06:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, omgosh I know that 'foot shuffle' oh so well now HAHA you had me smiling when ya said that, one sure has to do it or it is crunch time for the kitties at some point LOL

Sorry on your partner. If he can hold on he might have another yr with ya but darn at that age nothing ain't gonna hold off it if wants to get ya. Sad. But on a happy note the guy wins ya money and that 30 can cover some good golf beers!!

Jazz, great great travel report ya gave us. WOW on doing so well on no pet fees, they can rack up on the bill. COOL
SO GLAD YOU are holding zero carb thru it all. Best place to be plus your guts will love you and with the stress you are under, eating dairy and carbs would surely make ya miserable in more ways then one so you sound ZC vibrant on this journey.

yea 110 is friggin HOT but I can do it IF THERE is no humidity, like a dry heat that is in Arizona ya know. Dry heat more doable, humid heat is death for all of us....woof.

Nicco, what's doing, check in when ya can

-----------ran to little store. got burger and chicken tenders for me for today. lb. pack each. gonna make mini meatloaf and just fry up the tenders with butter. Hit nice reduced cost of beef ribs for hubby. I am not a fan, I hate paying for all bone and the little meat on them IS NOT ever enough for me but I will let him enjoy them and steal one before he slathers them with whatever sauces LOL

all going well here. just doing some smaller chores and wondering which way to roll thru remodels or move or ??

kiddo is costing me money. called her and shut down the friggin' piggy bank....which is me! She is like I need things and I am like yea you need Chemistry books but you don't gotta spend $120 when ya go to the friggin' movies???? I said what the hell ya buy and she was like just a few things near the stores at the movie place and I am like, STOP THAT ---LOL you don't NEED it. ugh

ok all going well, will check in later. got high 90s for a few days. might hit pool today or hold til tomorrow but will be in pool cause it is getting weather wise chillier water so I will be thinking more shut down now vs swim time.

few rum and cokes makes the water seem warmer too HAHA

be good all
  #814   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-24, 07:03

BF:

Good Monday Morning!!

Nic- You had me giggling on "poor you" dealing with the oldies and a new phone! OH MY!!!!!!
Good on you for hiking! That tells me you are feeling pretty good.

Refresh my memory where you are going end of Sept trip! That was?............

Cool- hubby is busy and humming along as well.

Trig- Girl, I know you are loving up this sun and heat. I am not a huge pork fan unless it is bacon. I just think that beef is the best "bang" nutritionally for me. I just feel good eating it.

HAHAHA on the kiddo and her pocketbook! Or should I say YOUR pocketbook! Do you give her an allowance? I think the best lessons we can teach out kids is how to budget.

Lori- You on the course already?
------------------------------------------------------

The heat is ON! We'll see how well I do with it all. I am not sure yet if it is a dry heat or not. If it is humid I will be in.

YES- I am going meat only. Reset my gut and I feel so much better. I am going to fine a grocery and buy some burgers and bacon, and mustard. I brought my airfryer! I am good. I will pick up some disposable paper plates and such. I don't trust the plate here in a hotel! LOLOL
I brought my coffee cup, wine glass, and water bottle. Essentials!

Today is exploring- obtain food, essentials, and get a lay of the land.
I also might hit up the outdoor pool they have here.

Back later gators.
  #815   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-24, 10:35

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Happy Monday!

Jaz.....Good to hear from you and I'm anxious to hear what you found when out exploring today. Glad the trip is over and you can spend the next week getting your bearings etc.

Nic....OMG.....hard enough dealing with our own phones etc, let alone the oldies. Everything takes FOREVER once you go thru the doors of a phone store.

Trig....Oh boy....DD finding things to spend your money on!

--------

My playing partner was actually in a good mood today and we had a nice round of golf. We practically had the place to ourselves....it was awesome.

I have a Chiro appt. at 2:30 and then my cat sitter is coming for "instructions" for Gabby while we're away in September. We'll only be gone 3 nights, so she won't be alone for long. The sitter will stop in once a day and feed her and check her litter boxes. We're going to a professional ladies golf tournament in VA....it's called the Solheim Cup and is team America against team Europe. Should be a good time.

That's it from here. A busy afternoon, an easy dinner and that's it for me. No golf now until Thursday. Lots of days off this week before our big 3 day tournament this coming weekend.

Bye!
  #816   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-24, 05:27

BF:

Lori, a catsitter cause your tournament is in VA.....I take it your DH is going also? sounds like a fun time. Hope your Chiro fine tunes you so you can be in top form for your game!!

YES! kiddo easily finding ways to 'waste' my money HAHA

Nicco, what's doing? All good in your neck of the woods?

Jazz, 'almost' hit the pool, girl get in it LOL

Kiddo gets $450 a month but she asked for me to up it to $600 and I said NO. I said if she really wants or needs something extra I will tap in but for her to NOW handle that Uni budget again. She got pretty good at not spending last yr finally but with new yr and new excitement she is blowing thru my cash now HAHA She should tame down, well I will make sure of that!!

-------------simple easy day here guys as I control my day and I am going to do just that

1 lb. mini meatloaf again. second meal I got a smaller nice looking ribeye steak. done deal

trying to buy online 2 nice replacement rugs for my kitchen. Like a bigger one at back porch door and then a longer runner for front of my kitchen sink area but darn I AM TOO darn picky. Now I got a low pile burgundy color set and it is worn out and want new now but darn if not one darn pattern etc is catching my eye. UGH I am too darn finicky. OK WILL go online and hit 'buy' button on some damn rug set and call it a day. Thing is I can waste HOURS online doing my search for what I want to buy and still not buy.....waste of time but beats running in car to stores for me OK hit buy and make a decision and onward my life goes.....sad huh HAHA

ok be good all, everything doing well in my neck of the woods.

OH get this......I was sitting on back porch steps with 4 kittens around me and they were mockingbird watching in the tree they love to climb. Oh boy they wanna kill some birds so badly LOL but we are just chilling as the Mockers are flying lower and lower and then across my side pasture area here comes BIG black and white tomcat. They are zero in on him. He is coming with a swagger straight for the tree and my gate into the backyard and all kittens like, in unison, stretch higher like in sync, stare at him even more intensely and BAM THEY a jump at warp speed and flip themselves like maniacs into the garage! Scared the hell outta me HAHA I shoo off the tomcat real fast but those kittens are SO scared of that big boy. It is like instinct to run from the big males due to possible death I would think in the wild of course. Well anyway ya had to see it to believe how they reacted as a 4 pair crazy bunch LOL That confirmed they are too small to keep out at night for me so bit longer indoors for nighttime so I can keep an eye on them and not let the prowling big tomcats at them.

ok off I go....hit buy button on any damn rug set and my day will be mosty complete. I live rough ya know
  #817   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-24, 05:38

BF:

Good Morning!

Just enjoying a leisurely morning. I'll make a run to the grocery store a bit later. I also have our furnace guy coming to clean the furnace and make sure we are good to go when the dang cold weather gets here.

I want to go to Sam's Club either today and tomorrow and for some reason, DH wants to come along. So, I have to work my schedule around his. Maybe we'll go this afternoon, or may tomorrow afternoon? Doesn't really matter....I have 2 days off from the golf course.

We enjoy watching the professional ladies play golf, but it sure makes me feel like my game is really crap! Those girls can hit it a mile! It's been so long since we've been away for a few nights.....feels weird to think we have nothing and nobody to worry about here. Once Gabby's care is taken care of, we are free! We'll only be gone 3 nights. She won't be happy, but she'll be fine.

Check in Jaz.....what did you discover yesterday?

Later!
  #818   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-24, 07:00

BF:

Good Morning!

My "exploring" consisted of a 200.00 run to Target and back to the hotel. I couldn't get BACK INTO A CAR for a few hours. I needed a day off from a hot car!

Today IS exploring. I have a list. I am going downtown Tulsa, to the hospital, and a run past the apt.
I feel really good this morning, I slept great.
I did wake up this morning thinking I was "back home". Whatever [I]Home[/I] looks like. LOLOLOL

Lori- What fun regarding your upcoming tourneys. It seems you have more in the Fall months. Cooler play time.

Yay on a kitty sitter. I take it DH going with you? Are you staying in a fancy hotel? That is half the fun. Something about going down to the breakfast area first thing in the morning to grab coffee. I aways people-watch there. Amazing where people are from.

Trig- I bet those kittens RAN from a big tom cat. Are they fixed? Good for you to keep those babies safe!!!!!!!!!

I am going to have a pool day after errands!

Nic
- You getting all that rain up there? What does your menu look like? You always make such interesting stuff.
Any good books you reading?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

First stop - Going downtown. Then will do a drive by the hospital, then the apt. Then I want to check out Cherry Street, and the local Butcher I was telling you about.

I am still on EST time zone. I am getting up between 5-6 EST= 4-5 here. LOL. I am staying in bed until 530 this time zone. I watched the sunrise this morning. Blue skies- and the sunrise had purple, orange, and reds in it. It was quite stunning.
I didn't know that Tulsa was not flat.
It is surrounding by rolling foothills of the Ozarks. Watching the sunrise over the foothills with a long sightline was stunning. I also said out loud......"That way is HOME"..........I have a feeling I will be looking to the EAST alot.

I picked up an electric Skillet- to cook anywhere there is an outlet. I have a small kitchenette. Full fridge and microwave, no stove. I want to stay on track and not deal with having to eat out everyday.
I picked up 2 pounds of ground beef, brisket burgers, chicken tenders (for Ruger), butter, salsa, farm eggs and bacon. I made power burger bowls yesterday.
Beef, scrambled egg topped with bacon and a spoonful of salsa. NO DAIRY. So so so good. I want a repeat for today.

Well- Going to take out the pooch and head out. It is too hot to take him. He does SO well with travel and all.

Later gators.
  #819   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-24, 07:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Just sitting here waiting for the interior decor guy to come and reglue some wallpaper that is on the ceiling of my kitchen. I love it and want to keep it from falling down. It still looks perfect except for some "lifting" at some of the seams. It's been up since probably 2008 or 2009, so it's not surprising that things are starting to happen. He said he will do what he can but he doesn't guarantee that it will not happen again. Understood. I think he'd like me to hire him to redo the whole ceiling. Yeah, not right now. I may have him fix my Exercise room up....depends on his estimate.

OMG.....DH went to Sam's Club with me. Such dopping a long pushing the cart. I was ready to scream. I was pulling on the front of the cart to keep him moving! Sheesh! We went out for dinner on the way home, so that was nice. No cooking for me. It was just a sport's bar, nothing fancy, but the beer was cold.

It was hot yesterday and same today before t storms come in this afternoon and then things will cool down. Back to the golf course tomorrow.

#820   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-24, 09:16

BF:

Lori, OMGOSH on that DH shop trip and how ya described wanting to SCREAM bloody murder cause I AM exactly the same way was hysterical. Love how ya coped with him even 'wanting to get in your way' from the start, but darn WE all gotta let them come sometime so ya held in that scream very well LOL omgosh I am having some type of flashbacks of misery shopping with the Chop now HAHA You too darn funny!!!

yea bandaid fix or 'real fix' I get ya on that.

Nicco, what's doing? Are you posting cause I ain't seeing any posts from ya but hope all is good.

Jazz, very cool you are holding zc tight. SMART too cause with all that new stress and new environment it is BEST to KEEP your guts in the best order. More ZC power to you.

Hey Bolt lived on chicken almost his whole life with burger thrown in and I always kept a small bowl of IAMS dog chow for him but he rarely ate it. I fed him 2 times per day chicken mostly with burger days and he would nibble IAMS sometimes but alot of times I had to throw out the dog food bowl and replace with fresh after it sat there for a few week but I felt like I needed to give him an option ya know......well that is how it went down on my doggie. REMEMBER to keep Rugers food routine literally on point. THEY DO NOT require any changes once you hit their sweet spot, when ya add other foods in of any types it can cost ya alot on vet bills.....ask me how I know LOL

Can't wait for apt pics and life pics from ya when you get all settled in and slowing down.

--------------SO I FINALLY had to deal with the damn puke from eating too much kitten chow. Got away without it ALL this time but 'someone' puked up a line of IAMS kitten chow along my back room where I feed/litter box etc. them and thank heavens it is my hardwood floor. clean up easy but damn, ugh, come on....kill me HAHA Got away without what the hell cats puke up ya know for SO long I thought I was a blessed miracle cat owner but heck no, here it was LOL ugh bleck yuk

OK.....that irked me this morning.

some info.....DEXCOM just launched first ever non-prescription CGM monitor. $89 for 2 units with APP per month. each stick on unit lasts 15 days recommended SO REGULAR old people like me can buy one without having to subscribe or do Dr. or do ANY program for CGM monitoring. Privacy and ease factor for sure.

next is swimming. Getting in soon now. Hell yea. HOT here but ain't gonna last long since we are jumping into Sept here and gonna vacuum pool real well and goof off having some relax time and just basically wait over the next few weeks to probably close down the pool.

Chop working, kittens and momma outside doing their thing, me gonna swim in a bit and later will eat my zc leftover meatloaf and have 2 big thick cut pork chops I am jones'ing for and life is OK today right now.

AS LONG AS NO ONE bothers me my day should be fine be good all

and NO I DID not buy a rug set HAHA
  #821   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-24, 15:20

BF:

Afternoon

I just keep forgetting I am CST now. I just think the "rest of the world" is on MY TIME!

Lori- Omg on the DH lagging and BROWSING in a SAM's. That being said, I am BAD about doing the SAME thing at Costco! LOLOL What do you buy there?

Good new you got to go out for dinner! No cooking in a hot kitchen!

Yay on getting back to the course! You leave on Sunday?
How did you like the kitty sitter?

Trig- Girl as you say to me- GET IN THE POOL! LOLOL

Urghhhhhhh on the kitty vomit.
Ruger eats mostly chicken as well with a few sprinkles of dry kibble on top for crunch. 75/25 %- mostly meat. He does like salmon too. He doesn't get that often.
He does not tolerate ground beef, but can steak! LOLOLOL OF COURSE HE DOES!

I am so 100% right now and feel frekin amazing on burgers, steaks, and bacon, and butter. I have used a spoonful of salsa and mustard here and there.

Nic- Are you still in MD? Hot and raining there? Reading anything good lately?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So- Hello from Tulsa.

Today I had some work items I needed to complete. I had 24 orientation "Modules" to complete. I also was asked to attend (virtually) a program to get certified for "Stroke Assessment".

4 hours later I am Certified! -

After that I took out Ruger, and took off for a few hours.
So here they have been working for 10 yearsto get an outdoor shopping outlet area. OUTLETS! They have been working for years to get the complex completed. It just opened Aug. 22 24. IT was a HUGE deal here in Tulsa as the shopping here is so limited.

I explored downtown, my apt, the hospital, and now the outlets.

I have some things to share I want to put in an email (tomorrow). Some things are rather cool, and some things aren't.

The cool stuff:
I found a Sketchers Outlet store and walked out with teh cutes shoes.
Second I TREATED myself to a new Michael Kors Crossover bag! OH YEA I DID. It was normally 300.00 knocked down to 63.00 - Thank you!!!!!!!

WOE- Leftover hamburger from yesterday. YAY for zero cooking today.
Lite wine breezer.

When it cools down I will sit out by the pool for a bit. You know it is 98 here but the humidity is not like GA.

Feeling good today. That is all I can think about - Just getting through today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

LOVE taking you gals with me.

Longer post tomorrow.
  #822   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-24, 15:26

BF:

Jaz....We don't leave until September 11th and will be home the 14th. We have used this pet sitter for years. They are getting older and only do a couple clients these days. They took care of Gabby when we were in Europe for 3 weeks in 2018 and long before that they were our sitters. I think the first we used them was 2006 for our previous kitty.

I'm sure there are good and bad things.....just like everywhere. The trick is to let the not so good things slide and enjoy the good!
  #823   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-24, 19:29

BF:

I am thinking about doing the Dexacom CGM myself as I am so borderline. I would be interested to see just what foods I react to or don't. I feel I am pretty stable right now- but I tell ya'll it would be a great reminder at all times.

Yup Stelo- 89.00 a month for 2 sensors Stelo- I am going to order one after I get into my apt.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Aug-28-24 at 19:43.
  #824   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-24, 20:13

BF:

Jazz, great you are in Tulsa and starting to do your thing.

Yea less or no humidity means a world of difference in heat, but then again, HI heat is HI heat LOL still be careful out there. A breeze too matters. Like today had NO air moving at all. Just stagnant heat and blaring sun. I loved it HAHA

I hit a Sketchers store in Tanger Outlet Mall in Asheville. Got my pair there too and best thing I found cool, their bags for when ya buy something is a backpack. I walked thru Tanger with my Sketchers shoes in my Sketchers backpack bag. Still got it too LOL I found that way to bag super cool actually. A backpack worked well for bulky sneakers to lug around.

300 down to 63. Yea I could do that. I saw Michael Kors store also and didn't have no sales like that ya hit a good deal.

Ohhhhh ya gonna hit up the Dexcom and order that Stelo. very cool. hey let me know how it is when ya get it. do a review. you know I never checked blood sugars in my 7 yrs zero carb and never checked in my like 2 yrs prior on low carb so I am on that fence of bothering to even get one. But I like the thought, but hell I can't even make a decision to buy a stupid rug set let alone hit purchase AND HAVE TO USE A PHONE APP???? for something like monitoring LOL yea that is me. But can't wait til ya get it and let me know if it is all easy to use etc. Just the thought of a phone app is annoying me to no end, yea Dino me again.

Lori, I tell ya Sept 11 will be here before ya know it. From PA I wouldn't think that would be a far drive, but depends on where in VA ya are heading for. You are driving right? Our VA border to the West side is actually just like 3 something hrs away.

Nicco, get on here and post a check in
  #825   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-24, 06:12

BF:

me first?

HI GUYS

hot today again so gonna swim. gonna lose higher heat next week so better go in while I won't freeze LOL

easy day. this and that. a bit of vacuum in the house and 'control' kitten area in back room. 16 feet, all tracking some litter from that darn box.....yea I control it tight ugh

Chop working
Cats outside
Me in house defrosting pork belly slab and Tbone steak for 2 meals today

eh, kinda moving slow cause I can.

nothing much more to report right now which is always a great thing! Might get a wild hair and try to shop for a rug set again HAHA probably not

have a great day guys, chat up later