Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 00:28
Registered Member

Plan: somersizing/atkins
Stats: 147/139/135
BF:20%
Progress: 67%
Default wheat protein isolates

Hi all fellowo Canadian low carbers.I was reading about a great product available in the States and was wondering if anyone has seen it here in Canada(before I go and pay a whole lot of shipping and duty)it is called whenat protein isolates,from what I understand they have taken all the starch out of wheat flour and it ends up with 1.5 carbs / cup,you use it to replace regular flour or protein powder,flax meal,almond meal, all of that in your recipes.I sure hope it is available in Canada.thanks all
Wendy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 09:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

That's interesting. I know that it's one of the ingredients in various low carb bake mixes and baked goods. What I'm wondering is how much different it is than wheat gluten?

You can get rice protein here, but it's pretty spendy.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: somersizing/atkins
Stats: 147/139/135
BF:20%
Progress: 67%

I have a web stei in the U>S> I can order it from, now until the end of May it is on sale for $9.99 for 2 pounds, thats U>US> but the shipping will probably be outragious.I have a friend in Grand Rapids,I'm going to see if maybe I can send it to her and get it the next time she comes home.Sure sounds almost too good to be true. Isn't vital wheat gluten very,very high in carbs?
Wendy