Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:19

Plan: My Own
Stats: 356.8/335/190 Female 5' 9"
BF:huh?...what?..%#$~
Progress: 13%
Question Atkins Accel

Have anyone tried the Aktins Accel?

If so, does it work?

Thanks.
-K
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:24

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

don't know what that is.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:26

It's a weight loss booster. Suppose to boost your weight loss
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 10:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I took it when I first started Atkins. I have no clue if it worked or not, because I started taking it right away. I have lost well so far but don't know whether it can be attributed to Accel or not. I ran out about two weeks ago and then this past week ended up taking the Dieters Advantage. Don't know if it works either, but hey...I figured it couldn't hurt

L
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 10:32

Oh, thanks for clearing that up - I take Xenadrine EFX (no effedra) - fat burner / metabolism boost - I'm sure it's working as it's supposed to, the inches are dropping off very rapidly.

vikki
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 10:44
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I take only multivitamins, flaxseed oil and psyllum husk fiber as suppliments and although my weight hasn't moved I still am losing inches so i'm not sure if any suppliment would have increased my loss or not.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 12:34
Registered Member

Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Vikki, I did not know we could mix Atkins with diet pills...I'm so glad to hear this...I know I read somewhere in the good doc's book that he does not want us to use diet pills...well off to Walmart I go! Has anybody tried Meridea (sp) with this I was actually going to ask my doc. if she would give me a script for this the next time I was in her office.

Gail
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 12:44

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Your diet causes you to loose weight if your carb count is low enough. Why would you want to pollute your body with diet pills? Just be patient, a pound a week or a pound a month, you'll get to your goal and feel good doing it.

One of the greatest aspects of low-carbing is how you can stop polluting your body with chemicals.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 13:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:It Just Can't Be!
Default meridia

Gail, my DH took Meridia (spelling?) before we started Atkins.

He lost weight while on it at the beginning, but after the first bottle it did not work anymore. Don't know if his body adjusted to it or what.

It might work better for you though.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 13:56

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

I took Meridia for awhile. I don't think it is really a good idea to take it while doing this diet, for a few reasons. As GramnGramp said, you become immune to it very quickly, and you must keep upping the dosage to work. And secondly, it is about $125-$150 for 30 pills. Ridiculous!! It totally curbs your appetite - but i don't know why you would want to do that on this diet, where it is a matter of getting enough calories to keep your body healthy. IMHO, Meridia and other diet drugs and more for doing a low fat 'deprevation' diet plans.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 05:23
Registered Member

BF:

Oh believe me for the last 18 or so months I've taken nothing at all. But I've also not seen the great weight loss I was hoping for in this time period. I am keeping a journal and a gym log. I exercise 7 days a week and am following this diet to the letter (even drinking the water Alina insisted I drink, I may have a fit but I do listen) and what do I have to show for it...I'm up three labs. My mini goal is to have 13 lbs off my body by the end of the month...this is not impossible on other diets. I am chosing to say with Atkins because of the health benefits and I guess because after doing it for so long I'm just brainwashed (lol). But I honestly have to see the tape measure and scale showing me that I am losing weight not just getting healthy. I am going to add Xenadrine EFX (no effedra) - fat burner / metabolism boost today for the rest of the month to see if that helps me lose again. I will not go into another summer with all this weight on my body. Granted I probably would not be as healthy as I am now if I had gone to a low cal/low fat type of diet (though I know some pretty healthy people on that type of diet and the arguement can be made and has been made on the low cal/low fat side that taking the weight off is the healthiest thing one can do) but I do know that this weight would have been off of me long ago.

I am giving this an opportunity because I want to stay with Atkins and will do anything at this point to make the diet actually start working for me. If a diet pill makes the lbs start to come off while I continue this woe, what is the harm?

Gail
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 06:14

Gail, I understand what you are saying. I feel the same way. I want to be healthy and in the same boat I want the weight to fall off. I feel that if you give yourself a little boost it will help. But I did here that the Atkins Accel really work in situations as being stuck and the weight is not coming off.

-K
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 07:55
Registered Member

BF:

I've actually tried the Accell, it is some sort of pill that expands in your stomach thus relieving you of the felling of hunger. I can't take it because I have a condition called Nutcracker Esophogus (the esophogus (sp) clamps down on everything that goes down the throat) thus if this expands in my throat I could choke to death.

I am open to any other ideas, I love atkins and really would rather not go off it, but I want the weight off, that is my primary goal here... thanks for the suggestion.

Gail
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 08:58

As I mentioned I take Xenadrine-EFX (ephedra free) - this does not stimulate your appetite, we certainly don't need that on Atkins, what it does do it increase your metobolism so you burn more fat away - I work out 3 x per week and walk about 20-40 minutes per day - I just find it has helped me get rid of my "rolls" faster than otherwise - I feel not ill side effects (other than the pocket book - they are $60.00 per month).

Vikki
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 09:19

Default how many...

So Vikk, How many lbs have you dropped since taking Xenadrine?

-K