Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 08:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%
Smile hiya - newbie here.

have done atkins before & loved it. but fell off the wagon, so i'm baaaaaack to loose 10 - 15, get fit & conquer a few addictions.

i'm 5'4, medium frame, weight 138 (now, started out at 143). feel and look best in the 125lbs area.

started a few weeks ago, but kept either screwing up accidentally - or on purpose! not too badly but i need to get solid on this. this looks like a great forum so i think this will help (i set up a journal as well).

i'm taking multi-vitamins but i know i need to add some other suppliments, am researching what i need.

food-wise, i usually do great and am quite happy eating 2 salads (or steamed carb-safe veggie bowl) a day plus some meat.

a usual day for me is - a salad (i call them 'decorated' - nice lettuce, bit of cuc & pepper, bout an oz of cheese, some hot peppers or pickles and some oil & vinegar or blue cheese dressing, topped off with chicken) for lunch, dinner might be a portion of steamed or stir-fried veggies and another portion of meat or chicken.

snacks are things like pork rinds, slice of cheese etc. i honestly do ok on this and get used to it quite easily - i actually have a hard time eating all i'm supposed to after induction so i guess this is the way my body likes to eat.

i probably eat 1 or 2 more oz of cheese than i should.

the addictions are cigarettes and i think i drink too much wine! have cut both wayyyy down and doing better.

excercize - easing back into it with yoga, will continue to bump it up.

ok done rambling now!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:07
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Hi and welcome!

Love your signature!!!
I just wanted to wish you good luck. Please, take a look at my links below. I kind of carry them around all the time
Alina
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:13
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi and welcome... your food sounds great! I cut ciggies at the beginning of this year and that is a hard one.

RE: wine and too much cheese.... they may stall you since you don't have that much to lose it may be hard to tell. Average losses are 10% of the weight you want to lose during induction and 5% of the remaining weight to lose each month after so it will be slow but if you low carbed before you know you will see it faster on your body then on the scale anyway.

All the best to you in this long-winded post.