Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Help!!!!!! How Much Longer Can I Stall For

[SIZE=3][FONT=courier new][COLOR=crimson][B][I]

HEY YOU ALL, IM ROCH AND PRETTY NEW TO THE LOW CARBING LIFESTYLE, I AM SO PLEASED I FOUND THIS FORUM, THE HELP AND ADVICE I HAVE RECEIVED FROM YOU ALL IS AMAZING AND HAS REALLY HELPED ME WHEN I HAVE FELT LIKE GIVEING UP.

IN THE FIRST 19 DAYS I LOST 28 POUNDS AND SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN ON A MAJOR STALL, ALTHOUGH I DID HAVE MY TOM FOR 20 DAYS, AND DID NOT PUT ON A POUND BUT I AM STILL IN A STALL IT HAS BEEN 4 WEEKS SINCE I LOST A POUND, I KNOW ABOUT MY BODY TSKING TIME TO REGROUP, BUT THIS IS TAKING THE BISCUIT, IFEEL LIKE GIVEING UP, MY KETOSIS STIX ARE SAYING MODERATE, BUT I SUPPOSE THAT IS BETTER THAN DARK MAROON AS THAT MEANS YOU ARE NOT DRINKING ENOUGH AND I DRINK AROUND 2.5LTR OF WATER A DAY,I HAVE CUT OUT HOT DOGS AS THEY HAVE FILLERS AND THE ONLY PROCESSED MEAT I EAT ARE HAMBURGER PATTYS WHICH ARE 99%BEEF AND THE REST SALT AND PEPPER,MY CARBS ARE NO MORE THAN 20 PER DAY AND I EAT AROUND 19-2200 CALS A DAY WHERE AM I GOING WRONG.

I STARTED GOING TO THE GYM ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK AND AM GOING TO GO 5 TIMES A WEEK AS OF TOMMOROW, I CAN ONLY MANAGE 2X20 MINS ON THE TREADMILL AND THAT IS ONLY WALKING 4.5KM PER HOUR AND 10 MINS ON THE WEIGHTS, PLEASE ADVICE ME HOW TO GET OUT IF THIS STALL, I DONT CHEAT AT ALL,NO DIET SODAS, NO FRUIT NO NOTHING THAT I AM NOT MEANT TO HAVE, I HAVE MANAGED TO GET INTO A SKIRT THAT WOULD NOT EVEN GET UP MY TUMMY,BUT WHY ARE THE POUNDS NOT GOING,I EAT MY 16 GRM OF CARBS IN VEG FOR INSTANCE, SPRING ONION, SWEET PEPPER, CHERRY TOMATOES AND MUSHROOMS, AS I DONT EAT GREENS,AND SAVE 4GRMS FOR MY TREAT A LOW CAL HOT CHOC WITH CREAM,I WANT TO GIVE UP AS NOTHING IS WORKING, SORRY FOR GOING ON AND ON, THANKS, ROCH
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:09
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Ahhh Stallls...

You are speaking to the queen of stalls (if you look back over the two years of low carbing) Here are things for you to think about.

1. TOM - You body will not act like it normally does. Some people can gain 5-6lbs... water... Some just don't change in weight. Very few people actually lose in those two weeks.

2. Exercise - When you start exercising your new muscles might as well be called sponges. You can hold 3-4 extra lbs of water. I've been at the gym now a month and I'm still holding water.

3. Carbs- You really should be eating 20 or more grams of carbs. It helps with two things: Your bodies starving mechanism and TOM. If you are too low carb it can stall or longate your TOM.

Now I'm going to mention water. Please bare with me ok? I will assume you are drinkng at least 3 liters of water. If you have problems with holding water you should add yet another liter if not more. The extra water forces the water out.. it really does. Also the water has to be consistent.

How are the measurements doing? This may show how you are really doing.. though if you are holding water it may be distorted.
Oh one last thing

4. Your body will stall after a major loss like yours. Low carbing weight loss is more like down over down over not an even downward trend. Your body needs to adjust.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:23

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

I stalled for almost 5 weeks but have then lost 9 lbs in the past 2 weeks.

I think the best thing to help break out of a stall is exercise. Just keep eating healthy and get some exercise and eventually your body will thank you
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 05:42

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Roch

First let me congratulate you on losing 28 pounds so quickly. That is 2 stone and an awful lot of weight to be gone in under 3 weeks. No wonder your body has taken a rest.

I agree with what Lessara has written and think that you should think about where you are.

You are doing good on the exercise front and that will be helping. I expect that you are losing body fat, but your body is hanging onto a bit of water and you are developing new muscles which weigh more than fat. Try to be patient and hang on in there.

I would certainly say eat 20 to 30 gram carbs, as with the exercise you do need more. I would also suggest increasing your calories to around 2,500 daily. It may sound strange, but you need to feed your body plenty to lose weight. It goes against what I was taught early on.

It sounds as if you are doing the right things. Have you taken your measurements. These often change when the weight does not come off. Did you watch Diet Trials? One of the girls there only lost a stone, but her waist measurement improved significantly, just because she took up exercise. She was a binger as well.

I wish you every success. I know a stall is frustrating, but I believe that your fat cells substitute water for fat as they use it up so they keep turgid, then, when all the fat has gone the water goes and the cells collapse. Hence you get a whoosh. I hope that your whoosh comes soon.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 10:59
blah

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

If you are Following the Atkins Low carb approach...you may want to try L- carnitine with co- Q10. he says it will will break up a weight loss log jam. I use them and they seem to work for me

Neen
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 11:55

Plan: SP/Atkins hybrid
Stats: 224/192/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hang in there, Roch!! With 28 pounds gone, you're so far ahead of where you were!

There's no deadline to get it all off!