Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Induction
Stats: 193/173/170 Female 5'4
BF:33.1%/30.4%/24%
Progress: 87%
Unhappy Bad BAD news..

Well I have some bad news.. I got myself all excited about my weigh in coming up on Wednesday that I decided to just go ahead and weigh myself today.. what a let down. I'm up to 179 which is 3 pounds higher than my 176 last week.. I was so excited to check my weight because I was POSITIVE that I'd lost something.. not only did I not lose anything.. I gained. It's so frustrating.. It brought me to tears..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 14:00
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Wannabeski

Don't despair - check out my journal's entry for today and see what happened at my weigh/meausre.my journal

Also there is a lady here called Mischa and she has posted some before and after pics that are totally amazing - even though her weight in the last few months has only changed by a couple of pounds.

the answer is not all in the scale!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 14:22

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Wannabeski, I'm so sorry the scale was so MEAN to you! All the more reason not to trust the devil. Just remember, average fluctuations of a few pounds are normal! This does not mean you've gained any fat. Have you been working out? It's quite possibly you are losing inches that don't show up on that idiotic scale. That b*tch doesn't know your pant size!

Don't despair, you could very well be skinnier and the scale hasn't got a clue!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 14:42

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Smile

Honey, my scale jumps up and down 3 lbs day to day. This is why you should weigh yourself once a week - - and even if the scale goes up and down, the real test is "are your clothes feeling looser?" then you are losing inches. I lose inches much faster than pounds anyway and its those inches that we see
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 15:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

This is not bad, bad news!

You have lost 17 pounds so far. What a GREAT accomplishment!!

Heck, my weight goes up and down three pounds so much during the week it makes me dizzy.

You said that you were sure you had lost something. That tells me that you must look better and feel better, and your clothes are probably fitting better. Those things are much better indicators of success.

So wattcha cryin' 'bout girl! You know that scale isn't telling the whole truth. Reminds me of gossip and rumors..half truths that can really upset people and ruin a good thing for them.

No more crying over your wonderful achievement!

Do something nice for yourself
-take a bubble bath
-treat yourself to a pedicure
-visit a pet store and hug all the puppies
-rent a Marylin Monroe movie to remind you how sexy larger women can be

But... if you really want to forget your woes...do something nice for someone else
-cook a meal for an elderly neighbor or widower
-be a secret pal and leave a small gift for someone
-donate blood
-volunteer at the Red Cross
-read to a child

Good Luck!
Amy Mc
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 15:33
Registered Member

Wow, thank you all so much.. You've really helped me feel better. I HATE that scale so much! I KNOW my clothes feel looser but for some reason I'm looking for the scales approval here lol I'm not giving up though.. If I did, what would I gain? Nothing but WEIGHT and I don't need that. I'm sorry about my little "fit" earlier.. I just tend to get a little anxious and frustrated sometimes. I've been overweight for so long and I'm just so ready to change that. But I know it takes time.. I'll just have to learn to be more patient. Oh and by the way, Skamito.. I read your posts all the time and you always cheer me up and I just wanted to tell you that your pictures look great, you look absolutely beautiful And that goes for the rest of ya'll too. You're beautiful people, thank you so much for caring and taking your time to help make me feel better. I wish you all the best of luck and hope to hear from you all soon. Take Care and God Bless, Amanda
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 15:39

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Weighing in...

Amanda,

Sorry that the scale is picking on you!

This is why I weigh in more than once per week. I only record my readings from Friday, but I usually will weigh in Wed or Thur just so I have an idea of what the scale is going to say FOR THIS VERY REASON! That way, even if I have done everything by the book, I am prepared to be disappointed on Fri. I know it is a psych game, but it works for me....

Glad to hear you are feeling better about it! The scale WILL go down eventually! Just do your thing!

Amy
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 16:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

I had exactly that experience after induction - I was so excited to see how much I'd lost, since I could tell I had, and it was exactly the same. Of course, it was right before TOM, and it was a different time of day - I haven't been on the scale since, and I don't plan to. The pant-o-meter is so much more accurate. The scale is the instrument of the devil. I have no idea what I weigh right now, but my clothes fit better every week.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 16:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/190/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 2%

WOW! You are close to your goal weight! Congrats! Don't be fooled by the evil little scale. Remember...you look better...you feel better...and I'm sure your clothes fit better! Keep up the good work!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 18:36
Registered Member

Wow 2berners! That really is like EXACTLY my story! I think its going to be my TOM too.. blah.. Isn't that great? haha anyway I'm really really going to try to stay away from that meaannn scale. I'm sorry that this happened to you too but at least I don't feel so alone now. KDdid, That's actually just a mini goal. My real goal is 140 but I want to hit that mini goal just as bad! But you know what, you're right! I do look and feel better and my clothes DO fit better.. and like somebody said, people can't see the number on the scale.. they see the way you look and thats what matters! So I'm going to keep going with this. Thanks alot everyone! You REALLY remotivated me